Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the post! Could you please clarify if this means fully native support or just native drivers and still requires a power table? I'm running a Vega 64 and although there was native driver support, the fan and power control took a while to figure out. I'd like to avoid all that by upgrading, but only if it's true plug 'n play.

So far all brands and configurations are reported working. They have fan and power control but softpowertables can customize them. The Vega cards worked as long as they were reference designs. Apple waited longer on these Navi drivers but there is room for improvement.

So far all brands and configurations are reported working. They have fan and power control but softpowertables can customize them. The Vega cards worked as long as they were reference designs. Apple waited longer on these Navi drivers but there is room for improvement.
Great! So no need to fix fans after boot and stuff. Good to know. Ty!

XFX RX 5700 XT RAW II works with agpdmod=pikera.
However, 1440p gets display artifacts with red lines going across the screen. I'm unsure if it's the XFX card or Catalina since the same issue happened with iGPU display out.

Can confirm Sapphire Pulse 5700XT working on Catalina 10.15.1. SMBIOS 19,1, WEG, adgpmod=pikera, GB Designare z3390. Acceleration is enabled. I was worried about the fans stop working when OS Drivers are loaded but under load GPU fans start spinning again. Meaning the card is noiseless on idle/Office work. LuxMark Results are according to all the benchmarks you can see on various YT-Channels.

Can confirm Sapphire Pulse 5700XT working on Catalina 10.15.1. SMBIOS 19,1, WEG, adgpmod=pikera, GB Designare z3390. Acceleration is enabled. I was worried about the fans stop working when OS Drivers are loaded but under load GPU fans start spinning again. Meaning the card is noiseless on idle/Office work. LuxMark Results are according to all the benchmarks you can see on various YT-Channels.
Recent Radeon cards tend to keep the fan at 0rpm until the temperature reaches 50°C.

Sapphire Pulse 5700 works here!

Just in case if anyone interest, my build:

ASRock H110 pro BTC+
i7 6700K
Sapphire Pulse Rx580
MacOS 10.15.1 with WEG 1.3.4

I replaced the card and tried to boot with agpdmod=pikera only to boot up with black screen, so I removed WEG and the system can now boot up with no issue.

Got myself a Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 5700 XT and tried to install it in my case but it won't fit! The card is a monster and over 300mm long.
Tried to remove some of the hard drive cages with a dremel but it still won't fit in my Fractal R3 case.

Msi 5700xt evoke works!

Attachments

• IMG_20191208_190115.jpg
    IMG_20191208_190115.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 123
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back