Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have experience with the 5500 XT? Looking for a low cost option to replace a Sapphire 5700XT for use in another machine. Looking at either an Asus or Powercolor. If you can find them they cost $200-$300 from vendors I have never heard of. Also not sure how easy is it to swap videocards or what the process is with Catalina OSX...

Thanks

Anyone have experience with the 5500 XT? Looking for a low cost option to replace a Sapphire 5700XT for use in another machine. Looking at either an Asus or Powercolor. If you can find them they cost $200-$300 from vendors I have never heard of. Also not sure how easy is it to swap videocards or what the process is with Catalina OSX...

Thanks
Using a 5500XT MSI mech oc in a Z270 build (different build from my signature). Works flawlessly on Catalina.

Using a 5500XT MSI mech oc in a Z270 build (different build from my signature). Works flawlessly on Catalina.

If I could only find one...

this is not good, ioreg does not monitor correctly maybe something is wrong with my system?

ioreg -l |grep \"PerformanceStatistics\" | cut -d '{' -f 2 | tr '|' ',' | tr -d '}' | tr ',' '\n'|grep 'Temp\|Fan' only shows output where supported by MacOS and the underlying SMC implementation

• VirtualSMC -> Temperatures are supported for Polaris and earlier GPU's.
  • FakeSMC3 -> Temperatures are supported for Navi, Polaris and earlier GPU's.
GPU Fan support varies wildly per card. To date this only seems to be supported for certain Vega GPUs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back