Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370n
CPU
Graphics
5700 XT
While I appreciate everyone trying to recommend which kexts to include. I have never had to use Lilu/WhateverGreen/agdpmod=pikera for my 5700XT and I do not want to encouraging people to add kexts that are not at all required. The whole idea of going vanilla was to keep things as clean as possible and not add 3rd party kexts. I hope someone here can create a solid guide on how to run Catalina with the least amount of kexts, in the meantime I will try to create one myself.

This also means that I can keep my System Integrity Protection Enabled from the get go. Now I can keep upgrading to the next Catalina update with only updating the Clover bootloader and none of the crappy unnecessary kexts.

Attached are the only Kexts that you should need for Catalina + 5700xt. Provided you were able to smartly use Apple's Airport wifi/bt cards - you should be golden with Clover bootloader.

Attached

Attachments

• Other.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
Last edited:

pastrychef

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 M Gaming
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56 (Bios flashed to 64)
Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. Power Mac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
While I appreciate everyone trying to recommend which kexts to include. I have never had to use Lilu/WhateverGreen/agdpmod=pikera for my 5700XT and I do not want to encouraging people to add kexts that are not at all required. The whole idea of going vanilla was to keep things as clean as possible and not add 3rd party kexts. I hope someone here can create a solid guide on how to run Catalina with the least amount of kexts, in the meantime I will try to create one myself.

This also means that I can keep my System Integrity Protection Enabled from the get go. Now I can keep upgrading to the next Catalina update with only updating the Clover bootloader and none of the crappy unnecessary kexts.

Attached are the only Kexts that you should need for Catalina + 5700xt. Provided you were able to smartly use Apple's Airport wifi/bt cards - you should be golden with Clover bootloader.

Attached

You can run with just FakeSMC.

Use a natively supported NIC such as an AQC107 based card and you won't need any extra kext for ethernet.
Use an Apple made Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and you won't need any extra kexts for Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Use USB audio and you won't need any extra kexts for audio.
Fix USB via SSDT and you won't need any kexts for USB.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASRock H97M Pro4
CPU
i5-4670k
Graphics
RX 590 Sapphire Pulse
I'm looking to pick up a 5700 (non-XT). Do any of the brands work out of the box on a fresh catalina install? Or which one would require the least amount of work?

Motherboard
ASRock H97M Pro4
CPU
i5-4670k
Graphics
RX 590 Sapphire Pulse

Attached

Which 5700xt variant do you have?

Motherboard
GA-Z87x-UD5H
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
MSI RX 5700 XT Gaming X
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tried that with weg 1.39 but no chance tried every port.

Motherboard
Rog STRIX Z370-H
CPU
i7 8700k
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, im about to upgrade from my rx 480 to a SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX 5700 XT. Im running Catalina 10.15.4 and its been stable for ages however I need more gpu power for some stuff I'm doing such as editing/encoding etc. Does anyone have this card up and running fine w/o issues or freezes yet or should I hold off?

Motherboard
z390 Phantom Gaming
CPU
i5 9600k
Graphics
Vega 56
I tried with Powercolor Red Dragon rx 5500 XT 8gb and got black screen when booting in os.
Turned on agdpmod=pikera not working disable whatevergreen not working
Upgrade whatevergreen to latest 1.39 not working
I’m using IMacPro 1,1 Smbios, Catalina latest update.
Anyone tried this card and got success? My previous MSI Vega 56 Air boost works out of the box but it got really hot recently and crashed my os whenever under heavy video load.
Any suggestions for low end Navi cards that work in Catalina?

Motherboard
GIGABYTE Z77X UD5H v1.1
CPU
i7 3770k
Graphics
GT 710, POWERCOLOR AMD RADEON RX 5500 XT
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I tried with Powercolor Red Dragon rx 5500 XT 8gb and got black screen when booting in os.
Turned on agdpmod=pikera not working disable whatevergreen not working
Upgrade whatevergreen to latest 1.39 not working
I’m using IMacPro 1,1 Smbios, Catalina latest update.
Anyone tried this card and got success? My previous MSI Vega 56 Air boost works out of the box but it got really hot recently and crashed my os whenever under heavy video load.
Any suggestions for low end Navi cards that work in Catalina?

hello i have the same problem, did you manage to fix it?