Contribute
Register

List of AMD Radeon Navi cards in Catalina That work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
MSI Rx 5500xt not showing. Only Shows Intel UHD Graphics 630 31MB. Any help please?

MSI Rx 5500xt not showing. Only Shows Intel UHD Graphics 630 31MB. Any help please?

SMBios iMac Pro 1,1 , get whatever green and ssdt. aml for the rx 5500 xt, agdpmod=pikera as boot args, disable the igpu from bios.

SMBios iMac Pro 1,1 , get whatever green and ssdt. aml for the rx 5500 xt, agdpmod=pikera as boot args, disable the igpu from bios.
Thanks kindly! Then I should reinstall system again? or just multibeast?

Neither, just make the change he listed.
Like this? I don't see any changes after reboot.
If I disable the Internal Graphics, it went back to Intel Graphics 7MB
Screen Shot 2020-03-02 at 6.59.49 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-02 at 6.59.12 PM.png200303030409.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 14.35.33.png
    Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 14.35.33.png
    537.4 KB · Views: 184
Plug in the cable into the RX 5500 XT..... click on that arrow and select the proper SMBios.
Got it! Sorry for being such a dummy.
Also... how do I load the ssdt.aml file...?

Installed a XFX - RX 5700 XT RAW II 8GB and running without any issues on Catalina.
Went from RX 570 and had to add agdpmod=pikera and remove Inject ATI when switching over.
When enabling the 530, the monitor goes to sleep briefly just before the login screen.

UPDATE: Latest Clover 5102 seems to have resolved the monitor sleep issue!

Could you post your EFI folder? Having massive issues getting this GPU working.

While I appreciate everyone trying to recommend which kexts to include. I have never had to use Lilu/WhateverGreen/agdpmod=pikera for my 5700XT and I do not want to encouraging people to add kexts that are not at all required. The whole idea of going vanilla was to keep things as clean as possible and not add 3rd party kexts. I hope someone here can create a solid guide on how to run Catalina with the least amount of kexts, in the meantime I will try to create one myself.

This also means that I can keep my System Integrity Protection Enabled from the get go. Now I can keep upgrading to the next Catalina update with only updating the Clover bootloader and none of the crappy unnecessary kexts.

Attached are the only Kexts that you should need for Catalina + 5700xt. Provided you were able to smartly use Apple's Airport wifi/bt cards - you should be golden with Clover bootloader.

Attached

Attachments

• Other.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 93
Last edited:
While I appreciate everyone trying to recommend which kexts to include. I have never had to use Lilu/WhateverGreen/agdpmod=pikera for my 5700XT and I do not want to encouraging people to add kexts that are not at all required. The whole idea of going vanilla was to keep things as clean as possible and not add 3rd party kexts. I hope someone here can create a solid guide on how to run Catalina with the least amount of kexts, in the meantime I will try to create one myself.

This also means that I can keep my System Integrity Protection Enabled from the get go. Now I can keep upgrading to the next Catalina update with only updating the Clover bootloader and none of the crappy unnecessary kexts.

Attached are the only Kexts that you should need for Catalina + 5700xt. Provided you were able to smartly use Apple's Airport wifi/bt cards - you should be golden with Clover bootloader.

Attached

You can run with just FakeSMC.

Use a natively supported NIC such as an AQC107 based card and you won't need any extra kext for ethernet.
Use an Apple made Wi-Fi/Bluetooth card and you won't need any extra kexts for Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Use USB audio and you won't need any extra kexts for audio.
Fix USB via SSDT and you won't need any kexts for USB.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back