Contribute
Register

[LIST] CPU Upgrades!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having the same problem with the aforementiomed 2670QM. I installed in on my 4530s, which came with the i3 2350m. No post. I thought I fried something, but the i3 worked just fine when I tried it again. Going to try the i7 once more before I get another chip. Anyone know how I can get it to work?

Do you know if it's an OEM or Engineering sample 2670QM? When I was researching upgrading the processor in my 4530s, I remember coming across an issue on whether a given 2670QM CPU chip was an OEM or engineering sample and that engineering samples might not work with OS X. If you got the CPU for much lower than the current going rate, there is a good chance that it's an engineering sample.

FWIW, the 2670QM that I installed in my 4530s has been working flawlessly for over 2 years.

-bth

Do you know if it's an OEM or Engineering sample 2670QM? When I was researching upgrading the processor in my 4530s, I remember coming across an issue on whether a given 2670QM CPU chip was an OEM or engineering sample and that engineering samples might not work with OS X. If you got the CPU for much lower than the current going rate, there is a good chance that it's an engineering sample.

FWIW, the 2670QM that I installed in my 4530s has been working flawlessly for over 2 years.

-bth

This issue is address earlier in this thread, also.

-bth

I have an i7 2670QM working on a 4530s that came with an i3 2350M. Didn't post at first, so I tried the i3 again to make sure I didn't fry the MoBo. Worked, so I tried the i7 once more and it booted. KPs galore. iBoot got her running Mavericks again, but still no HDMI out. It works in W7, so it's an OSX problem.

I have an i7 2670QM working on a 4530s that came with an i3 2350M. Didn't post at first, so I tried the i3 again to make sure I didn't fry the MoBo. Worked, so I tried the i7 once more and it booted. KPs galore. iBoot got her running Mavericks again, but still no HDMI out. It works in W7, so it's an OSX problem.

Keep in mind you need to generate a new SSDT for your CPU after replacing it. Running an i7 with an SSDT generated for an i3 would be a mistake.

Hi all,

I got a Probook 4530s Core i3-2310M, 4gb ram, 128gb SSD.

Apart from buying another 4gb ram module I thought getting the i7-2750QM could be an important improvement.

What do you guys think about it? it would cost me around £90 (british pounds). Is it really worth?

thanks

Hi all,

I got a Probook 4530s Core i3-2310M, 4gb ram, 128gb SSD.

Apart from buying another 4gb ram module I thought getting the i7-2750QM could be an important improvement.

What do you guys think about it? it would cost me around £90 (british pounds). Is it really worth?

thanks

Refer to the service manual for a list of CPUs supported by the laptop.

I have a question. I have hp probook 4530 with i5 and radeon disc. graphics. Does it possible without any issues to update CPU for i7 27xxQM or i7 28xxQM. I see some of you have done this. Any advises?

I have a question. I have hp probook 4530 with i5 and radeon disc. graphics. Does it possible without any issues to update CPU for i7 27xxQM or i7 28xxQM. I see some of you have done this. Any advises?

Read post #36.

I have already read post 36 and HP service manual, but my question, does somebody try cpu, not listed in service manual?

I have already read post 36 and HP service manual, but my question, does somebody try cpu, not listed in service manual?

It has been tried. Usually successful.

Risk is yours, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back