Contribute
Register

[LIST] CPU Upgrades!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, Thank you. Of course risk is mine :). Will try 28xx or 27xx

They'll work fine in 10.11. Was looking at the i7 2630QM. They're at a good price now. Be sure that you remove the old SSDT for your old CPU and regenerate a new one for the new CPU.

Are you having problem changing the CPU? Which CPU are you trying to use?

how to install osx sierra in haswell pentium 3250 4th gen cpus plz give me link
and witch CPU id i want to install in clover\

This thread is for 4530s. Post new thread.

Your post is off-topic, but Pentium graphics are not supported.

Has anyone attempted an i7 2960xm upgrade? Still has HD 3000, same socket, etc. The only concern I see, hardware wise, is 55w vs 35w or 45w TDP. Not a huge increase, probably within the realm of control with a simple fan profile, but worth noting. The real question is will it function under OSX?

Has anyone attempted an i7 2960xm upgrade? Still has HD 3000, same socket, etc. The only concern I see, hardware wise, is 55w vs 35w or 45w TDP. Not a huge increase, probably within the realm of control with a simple fan profile, but worth noting. The real question is will it function under OSX?

You would need to try it. There is the possibility that it is not supported by BIOS.

Guys, I tryed upgrading from i3 2330m to i7 2670qm. The CPU gets recognized by the BIOS(F.61 and F.65) correctly, but the computer crashes when I try to install the OS (Win 10 or Ubuntu 16.04). I took some pics of the crash messages(https://photos.app.goo.gl/kgJ8kuZRLDeUAdNc2). So my thought is I either got a faulty CPU or the 65W power brick is not enough, or maybe something else... Can anyone confirm they got the i7 running correctly without changing the power brick from 65W to 90W version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back