Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
If you could only choose between Liquid cooling (my preferred choice) or a GPU which one would you go for in your build? I'm currently using a Intel stock cooler( :O) but it seams to be handling my i5 well, i say well but that's only because I'm not asking it to handle to much.

If you would go for liquid cooling first which one would you go for? I would probably get H80i

If you would go for a GPU which ones would work in a hackintosh and which one would you go for? I was looking at the NVidia GTX 750 TI by Gigabyte (Manf.Code: GV-N75TOC-2GI)

The main use is internet browsing and Gaming. My budget is around £120

Thanks
Lampost

If you could only choose between Liquid cooling (my preferred choice) or a GPU which one would you go for in your build? I'm currently using a Intel stock cooler( :O) but it seams to be handling my i5 well, i say well but that's only because I'm not asking it to handle to much.

If you would go for liquid cooling first which one would you go for? I would probably get H80i

If you would go for a GPU which ones would work in a hackintosh and which one would you go for? I was looking at the NVidia GTX 750 TI by Gigabyte (Manf.Code: GV-N75TOC-2GI)

The main use is internet browsing and Gaming. My budget is around £120

Thanks
Lampost

Liquid cooling is not needed if you do not OC. A mild OC is just fine on a good CPU cooler, even on the stock cooler if you don't mind the constant noise of the fan. Personally, I prefer air cooling to liquid and would rather spend the money on better parts than aggressively OC, pushing the limits, and shorten the like of the components.
The 750Ti is not yet supported in OS X. Maybe in later updates/upgrades or maybe not - depends on Apple.

Thanks,

I cannot over clock on this CPU so i won't get liquid cooling just yet. Which GPU would you recomend that works.
thanks

Definitely a GPU, especially since your uses are gaming and general browsing. Gaming will take full advantage of the GPU, while over clocking the CPU won't affect real world performance much at all.

If you can stretch your budget another £50, I would say the 760 is a solid choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back