1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
rx7boy said:
OK My asm1061 card is installed in the pciex8_2 slot.

I see the_gael you have tried the trim enabler and has killed your performance now. Since my performance also suffers I will try the trim enabler and the bios FF and report back. Do you think that having the card in the 8_2 slot could make a difference?

thanks
rx7boy

Should be OK - I have it installed in the 16_2 slot on my X58A - but all the longer slots are PCI-E Rev 2 so it should be OK.

I would try without trim enabler first - if you get better performance don't then install Trim Enabler. Both my machines have always run at around 400 mb/s before. For some reason trim enabler has affected this and I do not know why!

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Rev 1.0 Bios F8
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
the_gael said:
rx7boy said:

I see the_gael you have tried the trim enabler and has killed your performance now. Since my performance also suffers I will try the trim enabler and the bios FF and report back. Do you think that having the card in the 8_2 slot could make a difference?

thanks
rx7boy

Should be OK - I have it installed in the 16_2 slot on my X58A - but all the longer slots are PCI-E Rev 2 so it should be OK.

I would try without trim enabler first - if you get better performance don't then install Trim Enabler. Both my machines have always run at around 400 mb/s before. For some reason trim enabler has affected this and I do not know why!

MMM might be a different issue here - although Blackmagic Disk Test reports very slow speeds - my machine is still blisteringly fast - Photoshop CS5.5 opens in less than 2 seconds.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
Intel 960
Graphics
GTX 260
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the_gael said:
[quote="the_gael":3o52xif4]
rx7boy said:

thanks
rx7boy

MMM might be a different issue here - although Blackmagic Disk Test reports very slow speeds - my machine is still blisteringly fast - Photoshop CS5.5 opens in less than 2 seconds.[/quote:3o52xif4]

Yeah I was starting to think maybe that also. I wonder if there is another good disk test app that might be good for testing. Will have a look.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Lion
CPU
Intel 6-core
Graphics
Nvidia 560 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the_gael said:
phomac said:
[quote="the_gael":19c50z61]
Check that BIOS is correctly setup for sleep - all power management features enabled and that you have Generated P and CStates by selecting that option in Multibeast.

I have S3 for sleep mode in BIOS. Not sure about the "all power management features enabled", but I have all four items checked in Energy Saver under System Preference. I've also generated p and c states using multibeast, and I've confirmed that in the plist found in Extra folder. I checked for "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" in Extra/Extensions and it's wasn't there. My BIOS version is FB but I've been using FF DSDT because that's the one that boots up perfectly. This morning I switched to FB DSDT but it caused panic, computer freezes at apple logo grey screen. So I switched back to FF DSDT and everything is back to normal with normal problem, can't sleep/wake up. Tonight when I get home I'm going to try unplugging the DVD player and the SD reader and see if will make a difference.

OK - I think your problem may be that you have not got the power management features set up correctly in the BIOS if you are not sure about them.

First thing - download and install Bios FF which is the latest stable non beta Bios. You are already using the correct DSDT for it.

Once you load Bios FF set it up as you have done in
Power Management
>ACPI Suspend Type = S3
>HPET Mode = 64-bit Mode

MB Advanced Frequency Settings
>Advanced Frequency Settings
>>Advanced CPU Core Features
>>>>Turbo Boost = Enabled or Auto
>>>>CPU Cores Enabled = All
>>>>Multi Threading = Enabled
>>>>CPU Enhanced Halt C1E = Enabled or Auto
>>>>C3/C6/C7 State Support = Enabled or Auto
>>>>CPU Thermal Monitor = Enabled or Auto
>>>>CPU EIST Function = Enabled or Auto
>>>>Bi-Directional PROCHOT = Enabled or Auto

With these all set your Bios should now be able to communicate successfully with the OS and sleep and wake should work including autosleep.[/quote:19c50z61]

Thanks for all your help the_gael. So far I have updated my bios from FG to FF by installing Windows 7 to another partition to just update my bios using @BIOS and the whole thing messed up my OS because of windows 7 booting first. Long story short, I ended up with a new Lion install and the first problem I've encountered after rebooting from multibeast patch installations is mouse and keyboard functionality. It's gone, nada, cant move the mouse or type on the keyboard. :banghead:

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-D3H rev1.1
CPU
i5 2500K SandyBridge
Graphics
2x XFX HD 6870 DualFan
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
USB Rollback?

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
phomac said:
Thanks for all your help the_gael. So far I have updated my bios from FG to FF by installing Windows 7 to another partition to just update my bios using @BIOS and the whole thing messed up my OS because of windows 7 booting first. Long story short, I ended up with a new Lion install and the first problem I've encountered after rebooting from multibeast patch installations is mouse and keyboard functionality. It's gone, nada, cant move the mouse or type on the keyboard. :banghead:

OK - first thing for future use is you do not need to install Win7 or any windows to update the BIOS. You can just download the bios extract it to a FAT formatted USB Stick and then QFlash by hitting the END key on the keyboard instead of Delete when the computer boots. On the Apple Keyboard the END key is the key to the right of the Delete key which has a symbol of tan arrow pointing Diagonally Down to the right hand corner.

So at the moment you have a Lion install of either 10.7 or 10.7.1 which you cannot use your mouse or keyboard on.

Check that you have not accidentally disabled USB in the Bios or that the keyboard and mouse are not plugged into the Blue USB 3.0 ports if you have not enabled USB 3.0 on the BIOS. Check these first!

If these are not what is preventing mouse and keyboard from working boot into safe mode -x or use the rBoot CD from the forum.

Just a quick sense check the items you should have selected in Multibeast are
(with your DSDT for FF on the desktop)

UserDSDT
System Utilities
>ALC8xxHDA
>AppleHDA Rollback
Disk
>3rd Party SATA
Network
>Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx Ethernet
Boot Options
>64-Bit Apple Boot Screen
>PCI Configuration Fix
>PCI RootID Fix
>Generate CPU States
>Use KernelCache

Motherboard
Gigabyte Lion
CPU
Intel 6-core
Graphics
Nvidia 560 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the_gael said:
phomac said:

OK - first thing for future use is you do not need to install Win7 or any windows to update the BIOS. You can just download the bios extract it to a FAT formatted USB Stick and then QFlash by hitting the END key on the keyboard instead of Delete when the computer boots. On the Apple Keyboard the END key is the key to the right of the Delete key which has a symbol of tan arrow pointing Diagonally Down to the right hand corner.

So at the moment you have a Lion install of either 10.7 or 10.7.1 which you cannot use your mouse or keyboard on.

Check that you have not accidentally disabled USB in the Bios or that the keyboard and mouse are not plugged into the Blue USB 3.0 ports if you have not enabled USB 3.0 on the BIOS. Check these first!

If these are not what is preventing mouse and keyboard from working boot into safe mode -x or use the rBoot CD from the forum.

UserDSDT
System Utilities
>ALC8xxHDA
>AppleHDA Rollback
Disk
>3rd Party SATA
Network
Boot Options
>PCI Configuration Fix
>PCI RootID Fix
>Generate CPU States
>Use KernelCache

I'm such a noob. I'm learning a lot from here. I'll take your consideration next time I install Lion again (for 5th time). Anyway, mouse and keyboard was functional when I started with SL using the right DSDT and multibeast. I then installed Lion (10.7.1) over SL, updated by Extras folder by using Multibeast 4. I rebooted and that's when I can no longer control the mouse and keyboard. How do I fix this without reinstalling Lion again? I can get to -x safe mode, but I still can't do anything with mouse/keyboard.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
phomac said:
the_gael said:
phomac said:

UserDSDT
System Utilities
>ALC8xxHDA
>AppleHDA Rollback
Disk
>3rd Party SATA
Network
Boot Options
>PCI Configuration Fix
>PCI RootID Fix
>Generate CPU States
>Use KernelCache

I'm such a noob. I'm learning a lot from here. I'll take your consideration next time I install Lion again (for 5th time). Anyway, mouse and keyboard was functional when I started with SL using the right DSDT and multibeast. I then installed Lion (10.7.1) over SL, updated by Extras folder by using Multibeast 4. I rebooted and that's when I can no longer control the mouse and keyboard. How do I fix this without reinstalling Lion again? I can get to -x safe mode, but I still can't do anything with mouse/keyboard.

We all learn all the time - I just happened to have been down the same road before!

OK - i have not come across this before! Is it an apple keyboard and mouse you are using?

I don't install over Snow Leopard when I install I always install onto a clean hard drive - I don't know if that makes a difference in this case! I have an old 2.5" SATA drive 60 GB which I have put in an USB enclosure - it holds the Snow Leopard Install and the Installer Partition so when I install I just boot from it and use the Installer partition to install a fresh Lion. You can do the same with a USB Stick if its big enough. Ie I followed the default instructions for xMove and Lion on the 60GB drive and then removed it and put it in a USB enclosure! So my installs take around 5 mins!

I am assuming you have tried all available USB ports to see if mouse and keyboard will work.

I have never seen a USB mouse and keyboard not work if they were working initially before the Lion software install. If they are not Apple items is it possible to borrow ones to test.

Another quick sense check - you haven't installed any other kexts or fix's?

Edited to add
Disconnect everything else apart from keyboard and mouse when you install - you can even install the network later! I do as I use the updated Lnx2mac driver which is not yet in Multibeast for Lion.

Motherboard
Gigabyte x99-DESIGNARE EX
CPU
e5-2630 v3
Graphics
ZOTAC GRTX-1080 TI FoundersEdition
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
ASM1061 Works like a charm! are there any side affects i should watch out for?

Status
Not open for further replies.