Intel 6-core
Graphics
Nvidia 560 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the_gael said:
phomac said:
I've been pulling my hair for three days now trying to fix the sleep issue. It used to work and even the wake up. Automatic sleep (5min) doesn't work but it does sleep when I put the sucker to sleep by going to apple menu. If I wake it up with the mouse, keyboard or power button, it powers up but the screens (dual) are still sleeping. Not sure if it was really waking up but I can hear the HD/fan running. I tried jpa's fix
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
I also tried ppvanzella's way by upgrading Lnx2Mac drivers to the latest version. I added the darkwake=0 in chameleon boot plist, but it just made the sleep faster when I put it to sleep from the menu, but it still wont wake up. I'm using the DSDT GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FF. I hope I can get a solution soon. I'm running out of hair to pull :beachball:

So Autosleep does not work - the only time I get this problem is if a USB 3.0 device is connected to the Blue USB Ports (i.e. in USB3.0 mode). If an application is constantly refreshing it can also stop your machine going to auto sleep - e.g. Safari if you have Facebook open.

Mine wakes from sleep correctly normally but sometimes after a power failure I will see the screen non-wakeup issue you describe. Disconnecting all cables and doing a cold boot normally fixes that for me though!

I haven't been able to wake up my system yet. I tried another troubleshooting by unplugging everything except one monitor on a vga and a usb mouse but still no luck. I changed the mouse too but it still doesnt make a change.

Motherboard
GA-Z97X-UD5H-BK Rev 1.0 Bios F8
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
phomac said:
the_gael said:
phomac said:
I've been pulling my hair for three days now trying to fix the sleep issue. It used to work and even the wake up. Automatic sleep (5min) doesn't work but it does sleep when I put the sucker to sleep by going to apple menu. If I wake it up with the mouse, keyboard or power button, it powers up but the screens (dual) are still sleeping. Not sure if it was really waking up but I can hear the HD/fan running. I tried jpa's fix
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\x74\x0b|\x8b\x45\xc8\x39\x45\xcc\xeb\x0b|; s|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\x74\x08|\x8b\x45\xb4\x39\x45\xb8\xeb\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
I also tried ppvanzella's way by upgrading Lnx2Mac drivers to the latest version. I added the darkwake=0 in chameleon boot plist, but it just made the sleep faster when I put it to sleep from the menu, but it still wont wake up. I'm using the DSDT GA-X58A-UD3R v2.0 FF. I hope I can get a solution soon. I'm running out of hair to pull :beachball:

So Autosleep does not work - the only time I get this problem is if a USB 3.0 device is connected to the Blue USB Ports (i.e. in USB3.0 mode). If an application is constantly refreshing it can also stop your machine going to auto sleep - e.g. Safari if you have Facebook open.

Mine wakes from sleep correctly normally but sometimes after a power failure I will see the screen non-wakeup issue you describe. Disconnecting all cables and doing a cold boot normally fixes that for me though!

I haven't been able to wake up my system yet. I tried another troubleshooting by unplugging everything except one monitor on a vga and a usb mouse but still no luck. I changed the mouse too but it still doesnt make a change.

Check that BIOS is correctly setup for sleep - all power management features enabled and that you have Generated P and CStates by selecting that option in Multibeast.

jpa

Motherboard
CPU
i7 930
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
segundojazz said:
jpa said:
r23fox said:
Hi all,

First, thank you for this tutorial Jpa, it's really helpfull.

All my configuration works, except my Microphone In.

Am I alone to have this problem ?

Is there a solution ?

possible solution, activate sound 5.1

Hola jpa,
Esta solución no es buena; el mic sigue sin funcionar. A ti te funciona el micrófono con lo del 1º post???

Probe el VoodooHDA 0.2.61 q viene en el MB 4.0.2 y funciona todo perfecto, hasta el sonido por HDMI (GTX260), lo negativo es q se jode el SLEEP.
Q piensas?.
Gracias por todo

Toca hacer pruebas, en algunas placas va, en otras no, a mi hay veces, te quedas sin sleep y eres feliz, o necesitas el sleep?

saludos
hare pruebas aver q logro

Motherboard
Gigabyte Lion
CPU
Intel 6-core
Graphics
Nvidia 560 2GB
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
the_gael said:
Check that BIOS is correctly setup for sleep - all power management features enabled and that you have Generated P and CStates by selecting that option in Multibeast.

I have S3 for sleep mode in BIOS. Not sure about the "all power management features enabled", but I have all four items checked in Energy Saver under System Preference. I've also generated p and c states using multibeast, and I've confirmed that in the plist found in Extra folder. I checked for "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" in Extra/Extensions and it's wasn't there. My BIOS version is FB but I've been using FF DSDT because that's the one that boots up perfectly. This morning I switched to FB DSDT but it caused panic, computer freezes at apple logo grey screen. So I switched back to FF DSDT and everything is back to normal with normal problem, can't sleep/wake up. Tonight when I get home I'm going to try unplugging the DVD player and the SD reader and see if will make a difference.

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
phomac said:
the_gael said:

I have S3 for sleep mode in BIOS. Not sure about the "all power management features enabled", but I have all four items checked in Energy Saver under System Preference. I've also generated p and c states using multibeast, and I've confirmed that in the plist found in Extra folder. I checked for "NullCPUPowerManagement.kext" in Extra/Extensions and it's wasn't there. My BIOS version is FB but I've been using FF DSDT because that's the one that boots up perfectly. This morning I switched to FB DSDT but it caused panic, computer freezes at apple logo grey screen. So I switched back to FF DSDT and everything is back to normal with normal problem, can't sleep/wake up. Tonight when I get home I'm going to try unplugging the DVD player and the SD reader and see if will make a difference.

OK - I think your problem may be that you have not got the power management features set up correctly in the BIOS if you are not sure about them.

First thing - download and install Bios FF which is the latest stable non beta Bios. You are already using the correct DSDT for it.

Once you load Bios FF set it up as you have done in
Power Management
>ACPI Suspend Type = S3
>HPET Mode = 64-bit Mode

MB Advanced Frequency Settings
>Advanced Frequency Settings
>>Advanced CPU Core Features
>>>>Turbo Boost = Enabled or Auto
>>>>CPU Cores Enabled = All
>>>>Multi Threading = Enabled
>>>>CPU Enhanced Halt C1E = Enabled or Auto
>>>>C3/C6/C7 State Support = Enabled or Auto
>>>>CPU Thermal Monitor = Enabled or Auto
>>>>CPU EIST Function = Enabled or Auto
>>>>Bi-Directional PROCHOT = Enabled or Auto

With these all set your Bios should now be able to communicate successfully with the OS and sleep and wake should work including autosleep.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
Intel 960
Graphics
GTX 260
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Ok so I got some SATA III Cables and still no go for awesome speed, I am still only getting 145mb/s write and 205mb/s read on the agility 3 with the asm1061 card in the pci-express 2.0 slot. Could it be the bios version fh3? Should I be using FF? The crazy thing is that the card says it is using PCi-E Gen 2 and the agility is connected SATA III. Any other ideas why I am not seeing 300-400mb/s? Does it have anything to do with loading a certain kext? :(

Thanks
John

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
rx7boy said:
Ok so I got some SATA III Cables and still no go for awesome speed, I am still only getting 145mb/s write and 205mb/s read on the agility 3 with the asm1061 card in the pci-express 2.0 slot. Could it be the bios version fh3? Should I be using FF? The crazy thing is that the card says it is using PCi-E Gen 2 and the agility is connected SATA III. Any other ideas why I am not seeing 300-400mb/s? Does it have anything to do with loading a certain kext? :(

Thanks
John

John
Which PCI-E Slot have you got the ASM1061 in?
is it PCIEX16_2, PCIEX8_1 or PCIEX8_2
I am assuming you have your graphics card in PCIEX16_1

EDITED TO ADD
I have no experience of the BIOS you mention - as far as I know BIOS FF is the latest stable non-beta BIOS. Personally I would not recommend using a Beta BIOS.

jpa

Motherboard
CPU
i7 930
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
rx7boy said:

Thanks
John

remember install Trim enabler in mac osx

Motherboard
CPU
i7-4790k OC 4.9ghz
Graphics
GT 740
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
jpa said:
rx7boy said:

Thanks
John

remember install Trim enabler in mac osx

jpa, are you using trim enabler? if so what version?
I had never used it until I saw this post and tried it.

Unfortunately while it says now that the two ssd's I have in my system have trim enabled it has killed the performance of my Agility 3

I have gone from around 400 mb/s on both read and write to around 60mb/s write and 180 mb/s read. I have reverted to the backup I made but the performance has not come back.

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
CPU
Intel 960
Graphics
GTX 260
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
OK My asm1061 card is installed in the pciex8_2 slot.

I see the_gael you have tried the trim enabler and has killed your performance now. Since my performance also suffers I will try the trim enabler and the bios FF and report back. Do you think that having the card in the 8_2 slot could make a difference?

thanks
rx7boy

Status
Not open for further replies.