MSI N250GTS Twin Frozr 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi,

I've just wondered if there is a "solid" method to set up a Mac OS X Lion & Windows 7 dual-boot AFTER a successfull Lion installation via the UniBeast method?

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks & best regards!

fuffel said:
Hi,

I've just wondered if there is a "solid" method to set up a Mac OS X Lion & Windows 7 dual-boot AFTER a successfull Lion installation via the UniBeast method?

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks & best regards!
viewtopic.php?f=81&t=20872

Open disk utility and use it to create your Win7 partition - I now suggest using exfat to begin with instead of MSDOS FAT32. Pick up the guide at step 2

Since you are installing Lion, keep your Lion USB installer or rBoot CD handy to boot with after Win7 install so you can re-install the Chimera bootloader.

What do you do if you have follow these steps, and got windows working and reinstalled the Chimera and got your system to boot to OSX again. But you can't into windows any more.

the Chimera bootloader dont shows the windows install.

@fleshfear: Yes, you're right. I took a look in the OS X disk utility and the windows partition seems to be inactive and I can't activate it.

Does anybody have an idea to make this partition bootable via the chimera bootloader?

i have done this several times... what you need to do is to install MAC OSX first and then windows

first you need to start the mac install and when installing the macosx create the mac partition but leave the remainder raw as you will format can create this when you install you windows... so once you have installed mac you run you windows install and then you format the raw space and install windows...

though i use two separate drives now due to space limitations when partitioning i have done it several times over in the past like this.

I'm trying to reinstall Windows now. I think my mistake was to delete the 128MB free space on my hard drive during the windows 7 installation.

So everything works fine now :thumbup:

The steps:

1. Boot into existing Lion installation
2. Resize OS X partition
3. Create a second partiton as FAT
4. Start Windows 7 installation
5. Do NOT delete the free FAT partition, format it :banghead:
6. Install Windows
7. Bootloader lost --> boot with the UniBeast USB installation drive
8. Boot into existing OS X installation, run MultiBeast
9. Restart --> everything works perfectly :D

Thanks a lot for your help!

fuffel said:
I'm trying to reinstall Windows now. I think my mistake was to delete the 128MB free space on my hard drive during the windows 7 installation.
Yes. Bad mistake. It isn't free space. These partitions contain the partition data for the following partition.
Windows disk manager should show

100Mb EFI
xxxGb HFS+
128Mb (partition tables data)
xxxGb Win7
xxxGb next partition
xxxGb partition and repeat.

fuffel said:

The steps:

2. Resize OS X partition
6. Install Windows

Thanks i got it working with this, so thank you.
I think the main reason it didnt work was because i delete the partion every time.

fuffel said:

The steps:

2. Resize OS X partition
6. Install Windows

Hi, I'm looking to do this tonight as well, and I'm just wondering if, when I reinstall the Chimera bootloader, will any of my booting arguments get destroyed, and I should back up my org.chameleon.boot.plist prior to reinstalling Chimera? I have a custom dual-graphics edit in it.

Appreciate the help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back