Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3
CPU
i5 2500k
Graphics
GTX 650 TI Boost
Purchased an Anker USB 3.0 hub on Amazon because i need more then the 2 usb 3.0 slots that came with my GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 . According to what i have read on forums and on the Amazon site (located here: http://www.amazon.com/Release-Charging-Adapter-3-5-foot-Included/dp/B00B7FLPBU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1374079766&sr=8-4&keywords=anker+hub) it works with Mountain Lion (and supposedly Lion).

I'm running Lion and I can confirm my hack won't even boot with the hub plugged in (I'm using the CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext and from what I can see it throws a kernel panic). It could be that I need to upgrade to Mountain Lion, but my Lion is working so well I'm hesitant to change things.

My usb 3.0 performance with my external drives has been excellent. Perhaps I'm using the wrong kext in Lion for this hub to work? Has anyone used this particular hub or any 3.0 hub on Lion or Mountain Lion Customac with success?

Thanks

im sorry that happend to u i do have a fix for that ill give u my iousb kext from 10.9 mavericks put on your desktop and use kextbeast and that should fix it and reboot

Attachments

• IOUSBFamily.kext.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 39
  • KextBeast.zip
    19.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 3.02.59 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-07-17 at 3.02.59 PM.png
    80.1 KB · Views: 220
im sorry that happend to u i do have a fix for that ill give u my iousb kext from 10.9 mavericks put on your desktop and use kextbeast and that should fix it and reboot

Stehor,

thanks so much for your help. I'm curious, why do you think a new iousb.kext will help with my issue with using this usb hub? I have full usb 3.0 support using the CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext. It's only when I add the hub I get kernel panic.

Are the two related?

the new iousbfamily kext will restore to where it was before and the caldigit kext is well known to cause sleep issues and kps.to answer your question they are related.it would be better not to use the caldigit kext in the first place its only for multiplexing issues example 3.0 not working in a 2.0 port if u use the right port in the first place it wont be an issue anyway

the new iousbfamily kext will restore to where it was before and the caldigit kext is well known to cause sleep issues and kps.to answer your question they are related.it would be better not to use the caldigit kext in the first place its only for multiplexing issues example 3.0 not working in a 2.0 port if u use the right port in the first place it wont be an issue anyway

Stehor,

The iousbfamily.kext you sent didn't work. It knocked out my usb 2.0. I'm going to stick with what I have I guess.

Thanks for trying.

i have extracted the iousbfamily kext from 10.6.2 dvd if u want to try it. remove the old one from system/library/extensions then paste the new one in then run kext utility and reboot

Attachments

• IOUSBFamily.kext.zip
    1 MB · Views: 54
  • KextUtility.zip
    293 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back