Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello.
I have a problem with the boot of the lion. time is 37 seconds :? when the screen appears with the apple and the spinning wheel
PAW_OS_X_Plymouth_Theme_by_love2spooge.png
. is too slow?

Speed depends on your pc configuration, RAM, CPU, HDD etc and the number of apps you installed, and if they start to work on boot time, and also check your boot.plist if you have -v -x -f kernel flags. and you can do Use Kernel Cache method. Search the forum for that, they are are guides.

Mak 1 said:
Speed depends on your pc configuration, RAM, CPU, HDD etc and the number of apps you installed, and if they start to work on boot time, and also check your boot.plist if you have -v -x -f kernel flags. and you can do Use Kernel Cache method. Search the forum for that, they are are guides.

My Pc is a:
CPU: Sandy Bridge i5 2500K
Mobo: Asus p8p67 pro
Ram: G. Skill 4GB 1600MHz X-Ripjaws (2x2GB) CL7-8-7-24 (Set in the bios)
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 3.5 "7200rpm 64B SATA3
are these to my applications:

This is my org.chemeleon.plist:

there is something abnormal?

Little Snitch and parallels adds some seconds to load on boot time, so it seems normal that you have that boot time, my range is mostly 20 to 30 seconds with no apps loading on boot time, 37 secs is not an big deal.

Mak 1 said:
Little Snitch and parallels adds some seconds to load on boot time, so it seems normal that you have that boot time, my range is mostly 20 to 30 seconds with no apps loading on boot time, 37 secs is not an big deal.
tanks a lot :thumbup:

I'm having a similar problem... When I start up my computer, it gets to the bootloader with no problems. Once I hit enter to get into the OS X Lion, the Apple logo appears and the circle spins about 100 times (no joke), then it jumps onto the home screen. Once at the home screen, I can move my mouse around but I cannot click anything for about 10 minutes. After that time, everything works normally. Any suggestions?

Computer Specs:
-Gigabyt GA-X58A-UD5 rev 2.0
-i7-970
-12GB Ram
-64GB SSD SATA III
-HIS Radeon HD 5770

@jthomas: check your console log for clues/error messages.

So I restarted the computer and the main things that caught my eye in the Console Log are these messages:

the freezing is going on after the home screen appears, this message appeared in the console several times...

kernal: IOHIDSystem: postEvent LLEventQueue overflow.

after about 3 of those, this message popped up..

helpd: CFPropertyListCreateFromXMLData() : Old-style plist parser: missing semicolon in dictionary.

then there is...

hidd: Timeout waiting for IOKit to be quiet

then some more of the LLEventQueue overflow..

then ..

WindowServer: Timeout waiting for IOkit to be quiet.

Finally...

kernal: IOSurface: buffer allocation size is zero
SystemStarter: IOKitWaitQuiet: -536870186

any suggestions?

::UPDATE::

I read another thread about someone who was having almost the exact same problem as me and all he did was unplug his USB device. I unplugged all my USB devices and switched the ports for my mouse/keyboard and *magic* it works. Haha. Really strange.

You can try disabling USB Legacy and USB Storage Functions in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back