Contribute
Register

Lion Retail Install on G41M-Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOLY CRAP! I've changed my vid card and finally booted without iBoot!!!

Now... my ethernet went away LOL

manop90 said:
Hi krischef18
I am at Step 2(post install) now
How to make this
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>***Your Combined Graphics and Ethernet String goes Here</string>

- what it will look like?
- Does your com.apple.Boot.plist( in D/L from http://www.mediafire.com/?6q38vdk0tfz5bh5) already combined Graphics and Ethernet ?
- If so, still need a Kexts for Network (AtherosL1cEthernet.kext) to put at S/L/E ?

Hi there, sorry for the late reply, I am unsure of exactly which plist I have posted though unless you have exactly the same graphics card then you will still need to create your own. When I get home from work I can post the link to the instructions to do this.

You will still need the Ethernet kext as well as the string. The kext will work without the string but you won't be able to log into Mac AppStore or face time until you have the string as well.

That said I haven't been doing alot of reading lately as my systems running sweet, they have updated chimera or chameleon to fix the face time and AppStore issues.

The other option you have is to edit your dsdt although I have not gone to the trouble of going through this myself.

Good luck, if you need any help post here, but send me a pm so I know to come back and have a look.

As probably won't be here till my next build or the next system update. Except from occasional visits to help others

Anyways good luck

manop90 said:
Hi krischef18
I am at Step 2(post install) now
How to make this
<key>device-properties</key>
<string>***Your Combined Graphics and Ethernet String goes Here</string>

- what it will look like?
- Does your com.apple.Boot.plist( in D/L from http://www.mediafire.com/?6q38vdk0tfz5bh5) already combined Graphics and Ethernet ?
- If so, still need a Kexts for Network (AtherosL1cEthernet.kext) to put at S/L/E ?

Use EFI Studio to add the strings. When the EFI Studio write the codes it will automatically be saved at \\Library\Preferences\SystemConfiguration\com.apple.Boot.plist. Just open it and copy the strings for device properties to your com.apple.Boot.plist at \Extra folder. This solved my problem connecting to AppStore when I was receiving "No GUID is available. Contact Support for assistance" error. And it will also make your Ethernet or Graphics work properly.

I have Lion installed using tonymacx86 guide (MacAppStore Lion Build). Updated my previous 10.6.8 to Lion without problem. The only error I continue to have is the Facetime, same with the error faced by most people here. Tonymac posted that the issue with Facetime will be resolved in the next Multibeast release, so I'll just wait for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back