Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I have Mac OS X Lion installed on my hackintosh,
and i was wondering whether there's a way to install Windows 7 as a second boot?

What I know is that i should install Windows 7 first, but what about if Lion is already installed?

You should be able to install Windows after you install OS X. The biggest problem is going to be that its going to seem like you lost your OS X install after you install windows because the installer for Windows will make the Windows partition the active one.

Its definitely doable, but make sure you clone your OS X partition and are prepared to reinstall both OS X and/or Windows a couple times if this is your first time.

You will be creating a hybrid gpt/mbr disk. Make sure that you create all of your partitions from OS X.

-AC3

ZaYoOoD said:
Hello,
I have Mac OS X Lion installed on my hackintosh,
and i was wondering whether there's a way to install Windows 7 as a second boot?

What I know is that i should install Windows 7 first, but what about if Lion is already installed?

i have windows ultimate and lion. its super easy to do. you have the idea but the order is wrong. what you have to do is

use newest iboot and boot into snowleopard installer.

1. format you hdd into 2 partitions. 1, should b your osx partition in journaled name it the name your going to want your osx drive to be, the second should be you windows partion in fat format (i would name it windows7 jst so u can identify it later) and i added a 3rd partion of size 8gigs in journaled format for when its time to create the lion installation. EXIT installer after partitions are made and put in your windows 7 dvd into cd drive. DO NOT COMPLETE OSX SNOW INSTALLATION.

2.IMPORTANT. SHUTDOWN COMPUTER AND MAKE SURE U REMOVE ALL EXTERNAL/SPARE HDDS FROM MOTHERBOARD! only hdd plugged in should b your main one that is going to contain your installions. now boot into windows dvd for setup. click on advance select the partition u had named windows7 and hit format. sometimes u may have to choose it and delete first. after windows formats or deletes the partion you had named windows7. click on the space that was that partition and jst hit next. windows should install and complete.
if your going to use an activator/loader for windows do that first before you install snowleopard.

3. onces your windows is finished and activated. boot back into snowleopard installer using and iboot cd.

4. install snowleopard on the osx partition you had created.

5. once its done, install chimera when you are installing multibeast and you done.

note. when u restart or turn on your computer at the chimera load bar screen, tap any key on your keyboard and it will let u choose or osx or windows install.

its easy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back