Contribute
Register

Lion on Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2609 + Gigabyte X99-SLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z690 UD AX
CPU
i3-12100
Graphics
GT 710
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi

Would it be possible to install Lion on Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2609 + Gigabyte X99-SLI? I understand that I would have to use the Chimera boot loader; I already have Sierra installed with Clover ont that computer. Could both boot loaders co-exist on the same computer. My question may not make any sense but I am asking it anyway because I would like to be able to use again the Final Cut Studio Suite that cost me a fortune at the time and that has become obsolete.

Thanks

Hi

Would it be possible to install Lion on Intel® Xeon® Processor E5-2609 + Gigabyte X99-SLI? I understand that I would have to use the Chimera boot loader; I already have Sierra installed with Clover ont that computer. Could both boot loaders co-exist on the same computer. My question may not make any sense but I am asking it anyway because I would like to be able to use again the Final Cut Studio Suite that cost me a fortune at the time and that has become obsolete.

Thanks

No. The Kernel has no support for Haswel E.

Thanks for your reply.

How about a LGA-2011 motherboard and Sandy Bridge processor?
Sandy Bridge CPU requires 6 series or 7 lga 1155 series board.

Sandy Bridge CPU requires 6 series or 7 lga 1155 series board.

I thought that an older generation of Xeon processors was Sandy Bridge type. Thanks for informing me. If I used a Sandy Bridge processor with a LGA 1155 board, would I be able to install Lion with Chimera? Would I also be able to install Sierra with Clover on the same computer and choose either operation system at startup?

Thanks

Thanks for your reply.

How about a LGA-2011 motherboard and Sandy Bridge processor?

Series 6 will work 10.6.8. Ive got old snowy running on my 4530s. However Series 7 won't work can't boot Series 7 boards without iBoot CD or DVD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back