Contribute
Register

Lion on GA-X79-UD5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just installed the system, so everything should be clean. Also every time it panicked the cause was a different kext, or even no kext at all.

And about the shutdown, is any special BIOS setting needed?

I'll remove the shutdown part and see what happens.

VooD said:
I've just installed the system, so everything should be clean. Also every time it panicked the cause was a different kext, or even no kext at all.

And about the shutdown, is any special BIOS setting needed?

I'll remove the shutdown part and see what happens.

I did enabled EIST in the bios - don't know if that would change anything, as I never had it off.

I did notice that sometimes there's IRQ issues - please try the following:
diable the onboard FW.

What GFX card are you using?

I'll give it a try. I had once a mobo which was able to shutdown perfectly with a E6600 (2 cores) but wasn't at all with a q6600 (4 cores). Maybe the problem are my 6 cores?

The VGA is an Ati 6670 HD

VooD said:
I'll give it a try. I had once a mobo which was able to shutdown perfectly with a E6600 (2 cores) but wasn't at all with a q6600 (4 cores). Maybe the problem are my 6 cores?

I have 3930K - is that the same one you have?

Oops - just saw the 1st post.

Same CPU...
Maybe BIOS settings?
Have you turned on something special?
What GFX card you have?
Any other addon? something connected to the USB? try to connect only to the USB ports next to the PS2 - they are less problematic ...

It's very strange. It's seem most of the time I get the kernel panics after having to turn down manually the computer or entering the bios. The VGA is an Ati 6670 HD. Work out of the box.

VooD said:
It's very strange. It's seem most of the time I get the kernel panics after having to turn down manually the computer or entering the bios. The VGA is an Ati 6670 HD. Work out of the box.

Maybe it's the ATI?
I think all the other machines are also NVidia - but I'm not sure 100%.
My bad - bruceclwang does has an ATI (in the picture).

Do you have another GFX card you can test with?

Every time you change something in the BIOS - the BIOS will reassign and remap the devices.

Try the following:
  • Turn onboard 1394(FW) off in the BIOS[/*:m:1f522t70]
  • Turn onboard Audio off in the BIOS[/*:m:1f522t70]
  • Remove IRQ from HPET in DSDT file[/*:m:1f522t70]
see if that changes anything...

VooD, have you compared our org.chameleon.Boot.plist?

shahar said:
VooD, have you compared our org.chameleon.Boot.plist?
Yep, it's the same I'm using.

EvoReboot fixed shutdown issues (but strangely I didn't have any shutdown issue in the Lion installer and I didn't use EvoReboot there).

I'll keep making tests and let you know if I manage to fix those panics.

Thanks for the help. (It's late here, I'll try again next morning :p )

VooD said:
EvoReboot fixed shutdown issues (but strangely I didn't have any shutdown issue in the Lion installer and I didn't use EvoReboot there).

I'll keep making tests and let you know if I manage to fix those panics.

Thanks for the help. (It's late here, I'll try again next morning :p )

Weird - for some reason I don't need EvoReboot, and also the other people I based my work on.

Soon - weekend, more people will have time to try and get things moving forward :)

2 .a.m.

I've disabled the extra sata controllers, firewire, XMP profile, and removed the WIFI/bt card, and a professional soundcard the mobo had installed.

Kernel panics continued. Each time different. Sometime it was the loginwindow, some, AppleACPI, some just the kernel itself.

Then I removed VoodooHDA.kext and...at least 20 reboots and cold boots without kernel panic :)

On the other hand, evoreboot.kext does nothing for me :(
I discovered shutdown is only working when I boot using "ignore cache", no matter evoreboot is installed or is not.

I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back