Contribute
Register

Lion on GA-X79-UD5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, what else besides NullCPUPowerManagement and IntelE1000 are suggested for a new MultiBeast install?

I'm going to use the UserDSDT option with DSDT you have submitted btw.
Thanks.

Hello shahar and patto.
Many thanks for the quick reply. So, let me see if I got this right. I should make the unibeast thumb drive in another mac computer and I can do a clean install on my new X79 directly from unibeast without needing iboot. From there I should install at least two kexts, the Intel E1000 to get network and the NullCPUPowerManagment so I don't get a kernel panic. However, i don't know when and how to do so. How do you install a kext, and when in the OSX installation progress? Also, how did the speedstep and sleep problems end up? And lastly, is it necessary to use a DSDT? Again, loads of thanks in advance.
Pau

patto said:
paumm2006, read the unibeast guide.
http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/10/ ... using.html
you run multibeast after the install and then you select the extra kernel extensions to install.

I wanna know what else besides intel ethernet and nullcpu should we install.
You can use the latest DSDT posted in this thread by Sashar (which has the most fixes by now), and also check the ALC898 thread for a patched AppleHDA for audio.
Alternatively, you can use ALC8xxHDA.kext and AppleHDARollBack.kext from unibeast (when using DSDT, and non-DSDT ALC898Enabler.kext when not using DSDT)

Thanks for the help, ALC898 audio out is working well.

I got a date/time issue. I had to reboot after starting OSX locked up, it booted into windows and i noticed the time was 10 hours behind.
What's the best way to fix this? I guess this is the CMOS time reset problem i've read about.

patto said:
Thanks for the help, ALC898 audio out is working well.

I got a date/time issue. I had to reboot after starting OSX locked up, it booted into windows and i noticed the time was 10 hours behind.
What's the best way to fix this? I guess this is the CMOS time reset problem i've read about.

It's not a BIOS issue. OSX and Windows don't "read" time the same. OS X uses UTC, and Windows doesn't. If you search for this, there's a way to edit this in the Windows registry to work the same as OS X (Apple has a service that's installed with Bootcamp that fixes this as well).

patto said:

Fix it in windows7 :
Regedit -> HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\TimeZoneInformation
Create a Dword: RealTimeIsUniversal with a value of 1
or run:
Code:
Reg add HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\TimeZoneInformation /v RealTimeIsUniversal /t REG_DWORD /d 1
And then reboot.

re-sync the time in OSX (windows7 might still have the CMOS RTC UTC bug).

is there any news to make Onboard WIFI working on LION? my bluetooth is WOOB but wifi not...

Nope, don't think the chip is supported. Didn't bother, cause i'm using ethernet anyway.
How is that 7870 doing in osx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back