Contribute
Register

Lion on GA P55M-UD4 Key USB 100% OK

Status
Not open for further replies.
quobetah said:
Wow, this is very interesting. Far easier method if true. Will anyone please confirm if this works..and probably make a video in english. This makes it possible to do a clean install directly to a fresh drive so its awesome!:D

I just made another tutorial in French and translated into English too.

here: http://translate.google.fr/translate?u= ... =&ie=UTF-8

franticjohny said:
Furthermore you'll need the AppleRTC patch to avoid CMOS reset and for working sleep.
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

I've read that the above Terminal command works for some and not for others. I ran across another forum that mentioned that you could use the AppleRTC kext from a Snow Leopard install (instead of the terminal command), specifically from 10.6.7. I used one from 10.6.8 and it seems to have solved the sleep problem that was causing the CMOS reset. I can now sleep and wake just fine.

Another tip for others experiencing the CMOS reset is to double check your hard disk boot priority in your BIOS. Mine kept getting reset to my backup external drive so it kept hanging up at the DMI Pool portion of startup.

• 1. Make a copy of the original AppleRTC.kext in a safe place. Found in S/L/E
    2. Delete AppleRTC.kext from S/L/E
    3. Use Kext Helper Utility to install Snow Leopard AppleRTC.kext by dragging it on to the installer window.
    4. Reboot and cross your fingers.

Hope this helps.

Edit: I just want to add that the SL kext works great on my build (see signature). I've allowed my computer to sleep several times and left it overnight. I can wake from my Magic Trackpad and my keyboard perfectly.

macaddictcr said:
franticjohny said:
Furthermore you'll need the AppleRTC patch to avoid CMOS reset and for working sleep.
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

I've read that the above Terminal command works for some and not for others. I ran across another forum that mentioned that you could use the AppleRTC kext from a Snow Leopard install, specifically from 10.6.7. I used one from 10.6.8 and it seems to have solved the sleep problem that was causing the CMOS reset. I can now sleep and wake just fine.

Another tip for others experiencing the CMOS reset is to double check your hard disk boot priority in your BIOS. Mine kept getting reset to my backup external drive so it kept hanging up at the DMI Pool portion of startup.

3. Use Kext Helper Utility to install Snow Leopard AppleRTC.kext by dragging it on to the installer window.

Hope this helps.
Do you have a copy of the kext? I did a clean install and would hate to have to do two more clean installs just to get sleep working. Thanks.

kaabob said:
macaddictcr said:
franticjohny said:
Code:

I've read that the above Terminal command works for some and not for others. I ran across another forum that mentioned that you could use the AppleRTC kext from a Snow Leopard install, specifically from 10.6.7. I used one from 10.6.8 and it seems to have solved the sleep problem that was causing the CMOS reset. I can now sleep and wake just fine.

Hope this helps.
Do you have a copy of the kext? I did a clean install and would hate to have to do two more clean installs just to get sleep working. Thanks.

Here you go. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• AppleRTC.kext.zip
    43.4 KB · Views: 283
macaddictcr said:
kaabob said:

Thanks!
Works, but still have to tap the keys a few time to get it to work. Just tapping the keyboard once wakes up but I get a black screen.

kaabob said:
macaddictcr said:
kaabob said:

Thanks!
Works, but still have to tap the keys a few time to get it to work. Just tapping the keyboard once wakes up but I get a black screen.

Mine takes about 4 seconds with one tap or click before my screen pops on. Are you getting back to your desktop screen or does your monitor not turn on at all?

kaabob said:
macaddictcr said:
kaabob said:

Thanks!
You can add 'darkwake=0' to your kernel flags in org.chameleon.Boot.plist...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back