i3-12100F
Graphics
RX 6600
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi all

1. Copy Mac OS X Lion on a USB key.
2. Install Chameleon on the USB.
3. Copy your file that is in your HDD Extra Machintosh and place them in the Extra USB.
4. Reboot your PC and select USB on Boot.
5.You can do a clean install.
6.When finished installing, install and select MultiBeast Kext.

Valid for all motherboards.

sabrina said:
Hi all

1. Copy Mac OS X Lion on a USB key.
2. Install Chameleon on the USB.
3. Copy your file that is in your HDD Extra Machintosh and place them in the Extra USB.
4. Reboot your PC and select USB on Boot.
5.You can do a clean install.
6.When finished installing, install and select MultiBeast Kext.

Valid for all motherboards.

ps: No need to make a snow leopard update Mac OS X Lion

That's cool, you know that ? I'm going to make a USB stick like that in case the box goes on the fritz. It'll save me a lot of hassle.

Thank you. Well done.

Peter R. said:
That's cool, you know that ? I'm going to make a USB stick like that in case the box goes on the fritz. It'll save me a lot of hassle.

Thank you. Well done.

video tutorial comes

I can report success with this method as well. After much trial and error, iBoot definitely doesn't work at all. You need to grab the latest Chameleon and use the manual install method to get it on your USB stick. Worked like a charm after that.

franticjohny said:
Furthermore you'll need the AppleRTC patch to avoid CMOS reset and for working sleep.
Code:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC

And for audio i suggest "ALC885_889a_LION.zip" from: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=140941

With this solution you will have 100% working audio with front mic and headphone jacks, and you can use the new AppleHDA. :thumbup:

:wave:

Did you leave Azalia audio in BIOS enabled? (I still can't get audio to work properly :(

Wow, this is very interesting. Far easier method if true. Will anyone please confirm if this works..and probably make a video in english. This makes it possible to do a clean install directly to a fresh drive so its awesome!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back