HD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Good! Because holding it in to install Lion on my hack is killing me!! :)

Hmm, seems that it will not happen :(

We could possibly see a release today or tomorrow, hopefully soon, I'm waiting to apply Lion to my hack I'm currently building but I still want to see what kind of issues people encounter. I'll probably upgrade by the end of august.

Best guestimate I heard was next week. Makes no sense to do this right before the investor call.

Apple has their investor call on Tuesday, then releases Lion on Thursday. If it is a good release it is a publicity one-two punch that week. If there are problems, they don't have to deal with them on the investor call.

Man the suspense is killing me. I have my current system running fine on 10.6.8 and I am ready for Lion. I cant wait to see the new boot, I keep hearing how easy its going to be. I really hope there will be a easy way to do a fresh install on a hackintosh. It is more difficult then I like installing from 10.6 to 10.8 with unsupported CPU and GPU. After 10.6.8 everything I have is supported so it should only get easier from here on out. really want to build another hack, just waiting on Lion to actually release first.

Well considering avid has already warned pro tools users like myself to keep the recording rig away from lion until they make it work I will clone my perfect running instal of snow I'll have at the beginning of august to another drive and update one drive to lion that way when pro tools becomes lion compatible I can just switch and either recline and have a back up or have an additional drive to use. Though I hope when I do make that lion install it's up to 10.7.2 I doubt it seeing as I want to do it by the end of august, but needing another drie may stall me, if it's as easy as updating I will just wait, but if it's a fresh install I want to get it started with now.

Thanks Tonymacx86 for making OS X snow leopard and beyond a very easy but still rewarding process. I remember my first hack was easy but I had to do a lot more research than I do now. I think for OS x.8 they should include logic and final cut express, I would not use either I am just saying apple is very known for being used by artists such as musicians, film editing, photography... I'm just saying give people some professional tools to get them hooked on macs period. Like even a software like Cubase is more comfortable in a OS X format, just personal opinion of course.

I want Lion to come out today, currently USD $29.99 to GBP (UK) is £18, the Apple UK website shows Lion as £20.99 down from the origional £25.99

Please Apple release Lion today :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back