6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iMac
  3. Power Mac
  4. Xserve
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First off I know there is a few posts about this issue already but none of them seem to be exactly what is happening with my machine, if there is a post somewhere else that might help me please let me know :)

I have a core 2 duo 3.17GHz with a GTS 450 graphics card running snow leopard 10.6.8. everything in snow leopard runs absolutely perfect aside from the odd "fermi freeze" due to my graphics, but from what i read upgrading to lion fixes the freezes. but I followed the guide from tony and no matter what I try I cant get the installer to load. The partition just boots to the apple logo and sits there without the spinning thing or anything. has anyone else had this problem? is there a solution? Thanks in advance.

i have your same video card and exactly the same issue. Did u try to use chimera instead of iboot and maybe some flags like PCIrootUID=1 or -x?

thanks for your reply. i tried PCIRootUID=1, -v, -x in different orders but nothing each time. my system needs PCIRootUID=1 to boot into snow leopard so one would think it would just be the same for lion.

i was able to install everything and now it's working. here is what I did:
install chimera bootloader
boot into the installer partition with npci=2x2000 and it worked.
when in lion i installed a kext in multibeast to fix this pci thing....

hope it helps

Hi, Sorry I was caught up with work for a few days and didnt get a chance to reply. So I tried what you said and I got the spinning wheel at least which is an improvement :D but after it spins for a while it stops loading and the spinning wheel goes away but the apple logo looks a bit indented (the way lion is supposed to) after it stops. any suggestions? thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back