Graphics
Gigabyte AMD R9 280x
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello, I am having a bit of trouble when it's coming to actually installing Mac OS X Lion.
I'm using Unibeast with the App Store installer method. After a multitude of tests and trial and error, I have found only 2 combos of commands that allow me to actually get to the installer: -x, -v or CPUS=1, -v
Both disable cached kexts I believe, so PS/2 Mice+Keyboard doesn't work, but USB Mice works. I go Disk Utility to format the 750GB SATA2 HDD and Disk Utility lists only the USB I'm using to boot up the Installer. It seems I can't get it to recognize the hard drives, help out please if anyone knows what could be done.

Edit: I am able to boot into the installer by simply using the -v boot flag. However it still doesn't load the PS/2 or SATA kexts. Could someone help explain as to why?

System Specs:
HP Pavilion dv6554f

- Intel Quad Core Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
- 5GB of DDR2 Ram (2x1x1x1)
- Asus IPIBL-LB Motherboard (HP Product Details - http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01324212&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=3752852 )
- nVidia GeForce 9500 GT Graphics Card
- ALC888S Audio
- Realtek 8111C Ethernet

Attachments

• Processor Info.PNG
    Processor Info.PNG
    40.6 KB · Views: 191
  • Motherboard Info.PNG
    Motherboard Info.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 190
  • Graphics Info.PNG
    Graphics Info.PNG
    31.3 KB · Views: 187
SATA ports have to be set to AHCI for installer to see them. No AHCI, no install.

That's one problem. The way the BIOS was configured, they never really go a setting to enable or disable ACHI Mode. It's just plain not there.
Neither was USB, I had to use the Plop LIVE CD Boot Manager to allow it to boot from my Unibeast USB.

How would you guess in some BIOS that ACHI is worded or phrased?

I have the same problem. I was able to install it by using a sata to USB cable I have and connecting my hard drive via a USB port. The install then was abke to complete successfully.

However, now, I can't boot into the lion partition no matter what boot flags I use. I tried replacing some kexts while booted into snow leopard, but the system won't let me. Any ideas anyone? I'm a complete newbie to this and don't know what to do......

For whatever reason I checked today and updated the BIOS that HP had on its website.
I scrolled to the power options and there it was , the SATA Controller was editable. For some reason it was set to Raid.
Changing it to ASCHI also gave me native USB boot.

So did the following:

Boot into Lion Installer with the -v flag
Install, had to use USB Key/Mouse
Updated through 10.7.2 combo update
Update my system using Unibeast.
-everything works.

However only my PS/2 keyboard is recognized, no ps/2 mice. I think it's something physical.
I'll post my my complete Unibeast install soon.
If someone can provide me a way to make a DSDT I will

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back