Graphics
HD4000 onboard HDMI
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
After overcoming several hurdles, I have installed Lion using Unibeast+10.7.3+Bridgehelper.
The installation was very easy, and I was surprised that it picked up my Ethernet/LAN during the install and allowed me to register with my Apple ID.
I then updated to 10.7.4 and used the latest Bridgehelper to update the kernel on my new installation.
I can now reboot using the Unibeast USB and choose my installation - in fact, I am using my Hackintosh right now.

This is actually my second installation as I tried to follow the installation instructions on "Lion Installation Guide for Ivy Bridge CPUs". After I ran MultiBeast and rebooted, everything started going wrong.
I immediately found that my Ethernet/LAN was lost.
I then found that, after a very short time (minutes), I had a message telling me I had to press the Power Off button to shut down the system - I could do nothing else as I had lost all control of the OS.
In the end, I just reinstalled from scratch to get back to where I am now.

Can someone tell me what I should do next?
Do I need to create a dsdt, do I have to learn about kexts?

Further info; my system seems to run well after booting from Unibeast but I have found I have no sound through my EVGA GT 520 HDMI connection.
I have also found that I cannot view YouTube video (after installing flash player). The video appears to hang after a few seconds, or I just get a spinning wheel in a black box.
It doesn't appear my USB 3 ports work either.
I suspect I have many more limitations, just haven't found them yet.
Oh, and my UK 'PC' keyboard keys are not mapped properly.

Regarding the Multibeast install, I'm afraid I did not understand the instruction.
I simply chose;
UserDST Install, 803KB - the instruction says "you can just run UserDSDT without a DSDT on the desktop" although I do not know if that is correct for my gA-Z68Ap-D3.
System Utilities, 0Kb
and, to be honest, I can't remember choosing Drivers and Bootloaders, 95.8MB - I assume I did as the system started with the Bootloader (Lion being the only option to boot).

I did not change any settings, I only chose the options above.
The result of this is describer above.

I would be very grateful if someone can point me in the right direction.
Many thanks

In MultiBeast select only the drivers you need for your system, scroll through the options and see what you need.

A simple enough instruction, but...

My first question is;
If I run Multibeast, does it REMOVE everything and only install my new choices, or do I need a method to delete/uninstall my previous choices?
As I could not find the answer, I have reinstalled from scratch, but I would really appreciate knowing as I still don't have a working system and so I will need to go through the process a few more times.

As I have had no explicit instruction, I have chosen to download the DSDT for my revision of mobo, which I placed on my desktop and chose the UserDSDT option (I believe it simply retrieves it from desktop).
I have also chosen System Utilities although it says Zero KB.

I find the Kexts & Enablers very difficult to understand.
The mobo manual simply has the following under Audio :Realtek/VIA HD audio codec, High Def Audio, 2/4/5.1/7.1 channel
This sounds more like capability than what it actually is, but I can tell it is Realtek and there is only one option - Realtek ALC8xx which I have chosen - this selects all the boxes below but I still have NO SOUND when this is applied.
*** System Preferences - Sound does not have any options in the drop down for "Play sound effects through"

I have an EVGA GT 520 as someone said my integrated graphics will not work with Hackintosh.
I chose the the NVIDIA 4xx/5xx check box, which also selects all options below.
*** System Preferences - Display opens a window headed M277WD; Resolution 1080p, Refresh Rate 60Htz (NTSC)
The graphics look OK, but something is wrong as Youtube video only has a black box with spinning wheel, or plays for around 10 seconds and stops.

I have also chosen USB 3 support which works, and Realtek Ethernet which also works but did before anyway.

If anybody can help with my choices or tell me what to do to get video and sound working, I would very much appreciate it.

NOTE - The intention is to have triple boot. I installed the chameleon boot loader but it can only see Mac OSX when I reboot.
If I reboot with my Unibeast USB, the chameleon loader can see and load Win7 and Ubuntu. Can someone tell me why this is and how I can fix it?

Sorry, one more thing - my UK keyboard is not mapped properly even though OSX asked me to 'press the key to the right of the left shift key' and then chose a European (I think) keyboard. Can someone help with that as well?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back