Contribute
Register

Lion Installation Tutorial for Asus Mobo for the Simpleton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't we just use unibeast and install Lion directly? I did it but it crashes halfway through Lion install. Any idea why?

I got Lion working with everything running. But I have 2 issues.

1) I'm wondering has anyone had issues with Sleep mode. It goes to sleep and wakes up fine. But when I wake my computer up from sleep, I try to run an app (Browser or iTunes, i.e.) and it crashes.

2) It doesnt shutdown properly. I can only shutdown fully if I leave a window open. I've tried unchecking the re-open windows box during shutdown, but that doesnt help me. I have to leave a finder window open, then it will shutdown fully.

Any replies are appreciated. Thanks.

My p5q works perfectly but I had to dig for the kexts. Try the one I attached and let me know.

Attachments

• SleepEnabler.kext.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 117
iphoneiac said:
My p5q works perfectly but I had to dig for the kexts. Try the one I attached and let me know.
Thanks for the kext. I installed it and it solved my shutdown issues. I no longer have to have a window open in order to fully shutdown. But it didn't solve my sleep issues. My computer still sleeps and wakes fine. But it still crashes after I try to run an app. I'll search further for a solution. Thanks again.

hi everybody..
I have a P5Q SE Plus motherboard..
when I update to 10.6.8 afeter install multibeast i got a kernel panic that doesn't let me log in..
I read just now your guide and I think that i missed the dsdt think when I did the installation..
but it worked with no problem until the update..
so do you think that colud be the dsdt think the cause of the kernel panic?
thanks!

I have fully working 10.6.8 - with no DSDT - please post screendump of KP - and let us debug.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back