Contribute
Register

Lion Installation Tutorial for Asus Mobo for the Simpleton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bunford said:
As it's almost identical motherboard, I'd imagine this method should work yes. If you try it, grateful if you could report your results here.

Hmm.. preliminary install trials not going well. Keeps getting 0x09 EBIOS errors when running the guide with AHCI enabled. Enable ENHANCED --> IDE and no errors - however, then I only get to the Apple screen - and the PROHIBITED sign across - so no install either.

Anyone there got a good suggestion?

Bunford --> could you possible post images of the settings you've set in BIOS to aid me in my further quest ? :)

The error was caused by the NTFS partition Windows resided on.

Boot XP cd - remove all partitions - reboot - follow your guide, and voila, currently running SL install :-D

Will post how it goes ;-)

Works - 10.6.8 booting with PCIRootUID=1 - GFX at 1280x1024 :headbang:

Turning in for the night, but will definately go on to Lion :thumbup:

Thanks for your help guys :D

Worked like a charm :-D
Will post a guide how I did it since there were a few differences - for instance BIOS version and jumpers section - I didnt change those :)
Now I just need to find out why it still says no HDD found on adapter 1 - I have my SL drive connected to SATA 1.
Also need to make it boot with my SATA NTFS backup drive connected :)

EDIT

I've just posted my guide to P5Q SE boards - hope it's okay I link to it, in your thread - otherwise give me a shout, and I'll remove the link again ;)

ASUS P5Q SE guide
http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=81&t=36507

Bunford said:
HoochShepherd said:
Bunford said:
I have gone on to a triple boot system, running OSX 10.7.2, Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit and Linux Ubuntu 32 bit. The way I did it was to allocate one physical hard drive (not partition) to each OS. Every time I was installing a new hard drive, I simply made sure only the target hard drive for that OS was connected. Now, I simply press F8 on boot to enter the pop-up boot menu and then choose one of the 3 hard drives, depending which OS I want to boot into.

Why not just let Chimera be the bootloader? .........For some reason though it won't list my Ubu, but I'm working on that as we speak...

This is why. Using boot pop-up is easier and more reliable!

SO yeah man, I got my Ubuntu up and running.. And showing up in Chimera. So now I just turn on, and it's defaulted to win7. Hitting a key gives me an option of the three. I'd have to imagine this is the easiest of ways. If you want the link for making it show in chim I can post it, but either way. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

HoochShepherd said:
SO yeah man, I got my Ubuntu up and running.. And showing up in Chimera. So now I just turn on, and it's defaulted to win7. Hitting a key gives me an option of the three. I'd have to imagine this is the easiest of ways. If you want the link for making it show in chim I can post it, but either way. Just thought I'd toss that out there.

My way is all but the same, but not reliant on Chimera.

BIOS priority drive is my OSX drive. Therefore, it default boots into OSX. If I want to use Windows 7 or Ubuntu, I simply press F8 on startup and then select whichever hard drive the OS is installed on. No more effort than Chimera and more reliable I'd say.

I'll be trying to go right to 10.7 this weekend. Any tips?

Alfa147x said:

Are you using a unibeast drive? If so, depending on the board my best advise is to get drunk before you start... Cause it's so easy there's no need to be sober.

What board are you using?

HoochShepherd said:
Alfa147x said:

Are you using a unibeast drive? If so, depending on the board my best advise is to get drunk before you start... Cause it's so easy there's no need to be sober.

What board are you using?
ASUS P5Q Pro Turbo, Q6600, dual 6870's

I'm planning on using a combination of this thread and this:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38795&p=266054#p266054

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back