Contribute
Register

Lion Installation Tutorial for Asus Mobo for the Simpleton!

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Can't we just use unibeast and install Lion directly? I did it but it crashes halfway through Lion install. Any idea why?

Motherboard
OSX Lion 10.7.2
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Graphics
GeForce 8400 GS 512mb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I got Lion working with everything running. But I have 2 issues.

1) I'm wondering has anyone had issues with Sleep mode. It goes to sleep and wakes up fine. But when I wake my computer up from sleep, I try to run an app (Browser or iTunes, i.e.) and it crashes.

2) It doesnt shutdown properly. I can only shutdown fully if I leave a window open. I've tried unchecking the re-open windows box during shutdown, but that doesnt help me. I have to leave a finder window open, then it will shutdown fully.

Any replies are appreciated. Thanks.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
My p5q works perfectly but I had to dig for the kexts. Try the one I attached and let me know.

Attachments

• SleepEnabler.kext.zip
    19.5 KB · Views: 67
Motherboard
OSX Lion 10.7.2
CPU
Intel Core 2 Duo E8200
Graphics
GeForce 8400 GS 512mb
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
iphoneiac said:
My p5q works perfectly but I had to dig for the kexts. Try the one I attached and let me know.
Thanks for the kext. I installed it and it solved my shutdown issues. I no longer have to have a window open in order to fully shutdown. But it didn't solve my sleep issues. My computer still sleeps and wakes fine. But it still crashes after I try to run an app. I'll search further for a solution. Thanks again.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
hi everybody..
I have a P5Q SE Plus motherboard..
when I update to 10.6.8 afeter install multibeast i got a kernel panic that doesn't let me log in..
I read just now your guide and I think that i missed the dsdt think when I did the installation..
but it worked with no problem until the update..
so do you think that colud be the dsdt think the cause of the kernel panic?
thanks!

Motherboard
OS X 10.6.8+10.7.4
CPU
Core2Duo E8200
Graphics
XFX Ati RadeonHD 4890 1Gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have fully working 10.6.8 - with no DSDT - please post screendump of KP - and let us debug.