Gigabyte Ga-P55A-ud4
CPU
i7
Graphics
GeForce GTX 960
I downloaded lion ...
I installed it on S.L....
I rebooted using the guide ...
I installed the partition installer xmove ok ...
I choose restart installer ...
all is well up to a point that we start throwing the white boot screen with the apple and hangs them ...
ani idea

thank you

have same problem tried with -v but still same problem

please help....

Did you see thing hang at [PCI Configuration Begin]?? or Wait for DSMOS?

i had similar issues and someone in the forums said that they just ran the Lion install again on top of the broken Lion install to fix the issue. i tried doing the same and that fixed the issue. now i am able to boot Lion with no issues, have sound, have network connectivity, my ATI 6970 card gets correctly detected as well.

luthan said:
i had similar issues and someone in the forums said that they just ran the Lion install again on top of the broken Lion install to fix the issue. i tried doing the same and that fixed the issue. now i am able to boot Lion with no issues, have sound, have network connectivity, my ATI 6970 card gets correctly detected as well.

What do you mean "on top of the broken install"?

luthan said:

Oke you have The Ati HD6970 card working ? do you have a screenshot of this beqause nobody had reported this card working.

i'm curius?

Gumpie

viztang said:
Did you see thing hang at [PCI Configuration Begin]?? or Wait for DSMOS?

I have the same problem and I booted the installer with -v and it hangs at [PCI Configuration begin] Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Edit: Found another post where someone had the same problem and 'IAN78' suggested typing 'npci=0x2000' at the boot loader menu and it worked a charm!!

mrfof said:
Edit: Found another post where someone had the same problem and 'IAN78' suggested typing 'npci=0x2000' at the boot loader menu and it worked a charm!!

This fixed me up!!! Many many thanks!

luthan said:

Exactly what I did, and it worked perfect after that. I actually had to re-install starting with snow leopard and then the upgrade to lion. I had to run the lion installer twice again to get it to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back