Contribute
Register

Lion installation : CustoMac Mini w/ VGA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-X58A-UD3R 2.0 FH
CPU
i7 930 @ 3.8GHz
Graphics
HD 5770
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I am currently only in reach of a monitor that only has a VGA. I am trying to install lion on my custo Mac mini. Is there any way to get this going? My unibeast will not boot correctly. Gets to apple screen then stop sign logo appears after a few minutes.

angelnieves said:
I am currently only in reach of a monitor that only has a VGA. I am trying to install lion on my custo Mac mini. Is there any way to get this going? My unibeast will not boot correctly. Gets to apple screen then stop sign logo appears after a few minutes.
may be you can try booting with verbose mode to see where it's stuck ? unibeast working great, if you use retail Lion version , imho

i dont have a customac mini, but im pretty sure using the vga output is a no-go.

you could try a dvi-vga adapter.
can get them dirt cheap

samisnake said:
i dont have a customac mini, but im pretty sure using the vga output is a no-go.

you could try a dvi-vga adapter.
can get them dirt cheap

the monitor is only VGA -___- got them cheap. i have SL running on it for now. but i did come across another problem. When i go to youtube and try to watch video, its doest display the video. It just shows a empty box (like a windows) and shows through to my desktop. I am using Chrome as my browser.

i know your monitor is only vga, thats why i mentioned the adapter.

it looks like this
images

you plug your vga monitor into the adapter, and plug the adapter into the dvi port of your board

samisnake said:
i know your monitor is only vga, thats why i mentioned the adapter.

it looks like this
images

you plug your vga monitor into the adapter, and plug the adapter into the dvi port of your board

board is only equipped with vga and hdmi.

You did it! But how? Having the same Stop-Sign-Problem here!

Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back