Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Well, I've been a stalker on these forums for quite some time, but I've never posted. I thought I'd post how I got lion installed, updated, and working on my system since I went through a LOT of trial and error to get everything to work, and had to do (ignore) some specific things. Now, I'm not an expert or anything - I've had a couple of hackintoshes on a couple of different builds and spent quite a few days getting them all to work, but my knowledge is still pretty basic. First off, my system specs: (I have quite an old system). I'm dual booting with Windows 7, which was installed first.

Abit IP35 Pro mobo
Q6600 processor
Nvidia GTX 460
4GB Ram
USB 3.0 Card
256GB Crucial M4 SSD partitioned in half for the two OS's

My previous 10.6.8 took quite awhile to get running smoothly. When Lion first came out, I tried to update but I ran into too many KP's to succeed and gave up - I use Windows 98% of the time so it wasn't a big deal.

I recently decided to try again, and here's what happened. I wiped my 10.6.8 partition and with Unibeast installed a fresh copy of Lion. It booted up fine the first time, but I had to do the AppleRTC edit cause I was getting a checksum error and my bios were being reset when I restarted. Once that was done I was running along fine. I updated to 10.7.2, ran Multibeast before restarting, checking off what I needed (or so I thought), and I kept on getting KPs due to a variety of things. Finally, I went out on a limb and reinstalled 10.7, edited AppleRTC, and then installed the update. I rebooted without touching Multibeast - and voila, 10.7.2 boots up without any help or modification. The ONLY thing that didn't work was audio, which I did need multibeast for - but after that was installed everything works perfectly. I'm not sure if it's just my components, or if this would work on a variety of machines (not running multi beast before the restart). I figured I'd post this if it helps anyone - its worth a shot.

Then again, people that know a lot more than me about all this might know why this works and advise against it.

Now, the problem I've had since day one of running OS X on this computer with W7 on it is getting Chimera to stick. I've installed it over and over in a variety of ways, and I can never boot successfully. I have to keep my boot cd or USB drive in to get into OS X or W7, but that's not a big deal because I can leave them in there pretty much permanently.

Anyways, I'm not that knowledgable but maybe this will help someone. Cheers!

I'm gonna try your Lion 10.7.2 method and if it fails I will buy a MacBook Pro!! Cos I have an almost perfect Hackintosh (all I lack is QE/Ci, Webcam and Brightness controls) everything else is perfect and I have 8GB ram!! So finger's crossed and here we go...

I will edit this post saying if it worked or not!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back