Contribute
Register

Lion install succesful now bootloader does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Upon more attempts, it appears that the install stops prematurely. The status bar moves quite slow. After I restart and boot into rBoot the drive is not listed as a boot option. I think the issue may have to do with this drive not being in the first sata port. I am going to try this and plug in the boot USb drive in the back panel instead of the front.

thereveilleroot said:
I was able to boot into the bootloader again. I initiated the Lion install disk (which wiped the install) and removed the other drive with the XP installed which I read that only one drive should be plugged in at the time of installation.

Unfortunately, I have reached a new problem. When using "GraphicsEnable=no arch=i386 -v", I am able to boot into the install but it is freezing about 20 mins in. I am not positive this happened after the first succesful install, but I'm starting to suspect it. I'm getting the Installation Failed notification (which I know may be normal) but it looks like its an issue with the files not copying over correctly (so it says). This happens with the unibeast lion boot and iboot + snowleopard install. Any ideas?

Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes arch=i386 -v. This will make bootloader to recognize your GPU.

Mak 1 said:
Use GraphicsEnabler=Yes arch=i386 -v. This will make bootloader to recognize your GPU.

This combination makes my computer reboot. I can tell it's loading many kexts. More than I have seen before. I have also tried combinations with GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=1

This is boggling my mind as I have had a working snow leopard install on the same system. now I can't get that to work!

I think the biggest issue is that the installer is failing under the install. I'll be back to give details on the exact error. Thanks for your help Mak 1

thereveilleroot said:
Mak 1 said:

This combination makes my computer reboot. I can tell it's loading many kexts. More than I have seen before. I have also tried combinations with GraphicsEnabler=No and PCIRootUID=1

This is boggling my mind as I have had a working snow leopard install on the same system. now I can't get that to work!

I think the biggest issue is that the installer is failing under the install. I'll be back to give details on the exact error. Thanks for your help Mak 1

You're welcome, if you can provide the error from verbose, it will be better to discover the issue.

OK, the installer log keeps getting this error:
"failed to verify BaseSystem.pkg"

it tries this three times and then then fails the install. this is the same install USB I used to update my mbp

I think it might have something to do with the JMicron drivers

I was able to install succesfully to a firewire drive. Attempting a restore to the internal drive.

I believe the problem was that the BaseSystem.pkg would error. One thing I noticed from the previous install was that internal data transfers took an extremely long period of time (yes, worse than USB1.0). Only to internal disks. External to External and to External disks worked at normal speed. Perhaps this is the issue. Anyone experience anything similiar?

thereveilleroot said:
I was able to install succesfully to a firewire drive. Attempting a restore to the internal drive.

I believe the problem was that the BaseSystem.pkg would error. One thing I noticed from the previous install was that internal data transfers took an extremely long period of time (yes, worse than USB1.0). Only to internal disks. External to External and to External disks worked at normal speed. Perhaps this is the issue. Anyone experience anything similiar?

May be your internal drives are failing or will fail in the future.

I have similiar problem I have Gigabyte P55A - UD5 rev.1, Core I5 750.
I have succesfully installed from unibeast USB - MAC OSX LION APP from apple store.
After the installation, in tutorial there is need to boot first time with USB again and choose the installed partition of disk. But it doesnt work.. no boot and only loading with apple icon and apple loader with Error icon over the apple icon. Icon like this:
http://www5.picturepush.com/photo/a/273 ... roblem.bmp

Any decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back