Graphics
Gigabyte R280X OC
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Finally after a few days of trying I manage to do a clean install of Lion on my HP6710b laptop using Mutlibeast and DSDT (someone else because I have no idea of to make my own)
To be able to start Lion I needed to delete AppleCPUPowermanagment.ketx,otherwise booting will stop with a KP.

But still having a few issues.

First of all and most important, laptop is getting to HOT.Fan is turning but very slow.Not enough to cool it down.
As soon as I start Windows XP (have a dual boot) fan goes to his max to cool everything down. No ide how to solve this in Lion.

2nd: no sound available. Already tried a Rollback,but that did not the job.Still no sound.
3th: no sleep and no battery meter
4th: shutdown and restart only works if I turn my wifi Broadcom 4311 OFF (by pressing the button above the keyboard.
It;s no really a problem to do this before shutting down,but If on next boot I forget to turn the Wifi on before OSX start,then it can not be enabled anymore within Lion.
Need to restart the system,and turn wifi on before chameleon loader comes on.

Wonder if somebody can give me push in the right direction to solve above problem.

This are the kext that I have right now inside EXTRA:
-FakeSCM
-JMicron SATA/ATA

seninha said:
Finally after a few days of trying I manage to do a clean install of Lion on my HP6710b laptop using Mutlibeast and DSDT (someone else because I have no idea of to make my own)
To be able to start Lion I needed to delete AppleCPUPowermanagment.ketx,otherwise booting will stop with a KP.

But still having a few issues.

First of all and most important, laptop is getting to HOT.Fan is turning but very slow.Not enough to cool it down.
As soon as I start Windows XP (have a dual boot) fan goes to his max to cool everything down. No ide how to solve this in Lion.

2nd: no sound available. Already tried a Rollback,but that did not the job.Still no sound.
3th: no sleep and no battery meter
4th: shutdown and restart only works if I turn my wifi Broadcom 4311 OFF (by pressing the button above the keyboard.
It;s no really a problem to do this before shutting down,but If on next boot I forget to turn the Wifi on before OSX start,then it can not be enabled anymore within Lion.
Need to restart the system,and turn wifi on before chameleon loader comes on.

Wonder if somebody can give me push in the right direction to solve above problem.

This are the kext that I have right now inside EXTRA:
-FakeSCM
-JMicron SATA/ATA

AppleIntelCPUManagement.kext controls heating and processor speed, so without it, no power management and heat control. You'll need to patch your DSDT so you can use it.

Try VoodooHDA for sound.

You'll most likely need to mess around with the DSDT for sleep, try VoodooBattery for the battery meter.

Try the following for shutdown/restart-
-Try out EvoReboot and see if that works.
-Can you get away with disabling the card by just turning off Airport through OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back