Graphics
HD 630
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been struggling trying to figure out what is going wrong with my machine.

I had a working copy of Lion on my machine, installed using the Lion USB+unibeast install method. I was having troubles getting my graphics card to work properly and unfortunately didn't save my previous install state and fit hit the shan per say and I had to go back and try and install Lion again. I booted off the USB that I had used previously using rDisc, used Disk Utility to partition and erase the previous install to start fresh, then proceeded to try to install Lion. It gets to 12 minutes left in the process, the tells me "Install Failed" and to contact the vendor.

Specs:
Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3
i5 Intel processor (Sandy Bridge)
EVGA 128-P2-N428-LR GeForce 7200GS 512MB (used when I originally installed Lion)
ASUS Radeon HD 5450 Silent (used and removed when I did the re-install as it was the only variable that seemed to change from one install to the next)

I can't quite figure what might be going wrong. I deleted the messed up Lion install, so there shouldn't be any issues with it interfering with the install. I'm in the process of recreating the unibeast USB again just in case that might have been altered somehow. Can anyone shed and light on what I might be missing here?

I had a similar issue a few months ago. I solved it by recreating a USB install drive again and then the install worked. You might try that and see what happens.

Steve

Hey,
I had a similar problem. What you want to do is open the USB stick in disk utility and completely erase all its contents and reformat it since there are hidden files and folders besides the actual Lion Install Icon that you don't see. Then afterwards run the partition and the rest of the procedures as described in the Unibeast tutorial. Make sure that you plugin the USB stick in the 2.0 slot and the 3.0 when you run the the installation, hit f12 and select USB HDD as primary boot device and you should have it going. If that doesnt work I would advise switching the USB stick. Please let me know how it goes.

reverai said:
I had a similar issue a few months ago. I solved it by recreating a USB install drive again and then the install worked. You might try that and see what happens.

Steve

Yup, that ended up being it. It seems so weird because I would figure it wouldn't change the USB, even though it is writable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back