Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 3c: Kext Edits - Intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you so much Toleda for this series of intricate guides! Using your instructions I've got HDMI audio working perfectly on my setup:
Gigabyte GA-Z68M-D2H (F4)
Core I5 2500K
Pioneer VSX-1019AH receiver

Hi there,

I was hoping you'd be able to help me out as I've been following the guide to enable HDMI audio on my hackintosh. I've tried repeatedly to enable HDMI sound and everything checks out until I have to edit the kexts (Part 3). After I make the edits/installs, I restart the computer successfully but HDMI does not show up as an option under System Prefs. Please let me know what I need to post in order to get any help. I don't believe I have a ridiculous set-up or anything, it's pretty basic.

One thing I did notice that was different was that I did not have any existing XML files under AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ (ie layout12.xml and Platforms.xml were not present). I did read that I can't enable 'Multibeast audio' in the thread. When I installed Multibeast, I checked 'ALC8XXHDA' and 'AppleHDA Rollback.' I plan on restarting the install without having these options checked this evening but that will have to wait until after work. Thanks!

Dave

Motherboard: GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 F11
Processor: Core i3 2125
OSX: 10.7.2
*I'm running everything off of the motherboard and don't have any expansion cards installed.

nonestuff said:
Hi there,

One thing I did notice that was different was that I did not have any existing XML files under AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/ (ie layout12.xml and Platforms.xml were not present). I did read that I can't enable 'Multibeast audio' in the thread. When I installed Multibeast, I checked 'ALC8XXHDA' and 'AppleHDA Rollback.' I plan on restarting the install without having these options checked this evening but that will have to wait until after work. Thanks!
The AppleHDA rollback takes you to 10.6.2. As the guide says, you need AppleHDA_v2.1.x from Lion.

problem solved, i now have HDMI audio. thank you so much for your help.

i went ahead and did a clean install without using the AppleHDA rollback and followed the tutorial and everything now works. thanks again!

toleda said:
HD3000 HDMI audio now working with the ALC892.

First, I want to say you are AWESOME. I can't thank you enough for the level of detail you have provided in your guides. One question, you mentioned ALC892 is now working -- are there ALC892 xml download available? osx86.net has a lot of different versions. I tried a few, but I think I'm messing up my install with various of modifications :( I have the ASUS P8H67-I MB with Intel i5 2500k. Thanks!

bluefossil said:
toleda said:
HD3000 HDMI audio now working with the ALC892.

First, I want to say you are AWESOME. I can't thank you enough for the level of detail you have provided in your guides. One question, you mentioned ALC892 is now working -- are there ALC892 xml download available? osx86.net has a lot of different versions. I tried a few, but I think I'm messing up my install with various of modifications :( I have the ASUS P8H67-I MB with Intel i5 2500k. Thanks!
For 892/HD3000 HDMI to work you need:
1. HD3000 HDMI audio edited dsdt - P8H67-I Deluxe, attachment 2, http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=162&t=31948
2. The attached AppleHDA.kext, Audio ID: 392
3. 10.7.2

Good luck.

This guide is soon to be updated to include ALC892/HD3000 HDMI audio.

Attachments

• 892-hd3000-applehda.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
I know I sound repetitive but first of all thanks again for these magnificent guides. Already got HDMI working on MSI ATI 6870 with ALC889 codec. This time I wonder if I can get HDMI on HD3000 with an ALC888s. Is there an AppleHDA for that? Sound is working with MB rollback and DSDT install. Thanks!

Khan said:
I know I sound repetitive but first of all thanks again for these magnificent guides. Already got HDMI working on MSI ATI 6870 with ALC889 codec. This time I wonder if I can get HDMI on HD3000 with an ALC888s. Is there an AppleHDA for that? Sound is working with MB rollback and DSDT install. Thanks!
This is an 888s onboard audio test kext. Try
1. Backup current audio solution
2. Remove S/L/E/ALC8xxHDA.kext and the HDAEnabler
3. Install the attached AppleHDA.kext
4. Verify dsdt/HDEF/layout-id 0x78 0x03 0x00 0x00
5. Reboot

Reply with results and a copy of ioreg.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 107
Status
Not open for further replies.