Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio -Part 2b: DSDT Edits/Integrated Intel HD3000

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
tutorial said:
yup, work with another kext. but no HDMI in prefer panel...

may I try your appleHDA.kext 10.7.2 patch? maybe work for me.. :)

one thing: I got this message on boot

DSMOS has arrived
DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652

what is that means?

thanks

Looks like you are using the original HD3000 HDMI audio AppleHDA.kext. The microphone showing up as an output has been solved. The new AppleHDA.kext is in the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit V4 available at http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=209915#p209915. For your system, install only the AppleHDA.kext. You also need to make the following edit to your dsdt. DSDTSE/HDEF/layout_id change to 0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00. The layout_id for HD3000 HDMI audio is now 389/185 hex.

Regarding the iTunes error, I've never seen that. Perhaps you moved iTunes DRM content to this machine.

ok, I got the sound, thanks but still no HDMI on my sound preferences, but its ok not big deal, thanks

Hi!

I also had the following:
Code:
kernel: DRMStatus: iTunes/Apple Store Content Access Problem. Content playback may be disabled on this computer. You can continue to use the machine, but you should contact an Apple support representative. ErrorCode: 8877652
After a lot of trial and error I flashed the BIOS on my H67N USB3 B3 and everything is OK now!!

Hello,

I am not extra-expecting HDMI Audio out to work, but even when my system is muted, I occasionally hear some clicks from the motherboard's line out headphone style jack - and I thought perhaps by applying these changes I could possibly use the HDMI audio and hear less audio interruption.

I followed the steps the whole way through, but something was amiss enough to make booting difficult. I do have backups of my system from before, but I tried reinstalling Lion after using Kext Wizard from another volume to put back original installation AppleHDA and AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kexts and still having poor booting/display behaviour. Following Lion reinstall from Unibeast, I used DSDTSE to recompile/reinstall the DSDT.aml that I modified from the first go-around with the HDMI Audio guides, and assured the edits looked as I thought they should.

Attached is my DSDT file DSDT.aml - while onboard-1 does not appear in the DSDT at all (it's in my boot drive's root /Extra folder and onboard-2 appears twice in the file - without any onboard-1) - check out my IOReg for IGPU! It says onboard-1. The HDEF one does say onboard-2.

VeryModernIOREG-IGPU.png
VeryModernIOREG-HDEF.png

Before I go on with kext edits and so on all over again, I thought this would be a good point to ask advise. Last time around, both the entries checked in IOReg were showing as onboard-2 before I proceeded. IOReg does show the two codecs with the correct versions - although the graphic in the guide shows one with ffffffff proceeding the version number, mine does not and did not the first go-around either.
VeryModernIOReg-Codecs.png

After Lion reinstall, I am now booting just fine with good/full resolution and my display recognised. At this point I've got AppleHDA v2.1.3f7 & an untouched AppleIntelSNBGrahicsFB v7.12.9 kexts in system\library\extensions

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    17.5 KB · Views: 99
  • VeryModernIOREG-IGPU.png
    VeryModernIOREG-IGPU.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 360
  • VeryModernIOREG-HDEF.png
    VeryModernIOREG-HDEF.png
    92.5 KB · Views: 355
  • VeryModernIOReg-Codecs.png
    105.9 KB · Views: 346
verymodern said:
Hello,

Attached is my DSDT file DSDT.aml - while onboard-1 does not appear in the DSDT at all (it's in my boot drive's root /Extra folder and onboard-2 appears twice in the file - without any onboard-1) - check out my IOReg for IGPU! It says onboard-1. The HDEF one does say onboard-2.

Before I go on with kext edits and so on all over again, I thought this would be a good point to ask advise. Last time around, both the entries checked in IOReg were showing as onboard-2 before I proceeded. IOReg does show the two codecs with the correct versions - although the graphic in the guide shows one with ffffffff proceeding the version number, mine does not and did not the first go-around either.

After Lion reinstall, I am now booting just fine with good/full resolution and my display recognised. At this point I've got AppleHDA v2.1.3f7 & an untouched AppleIntelSNBGrahicsFB v7.12.9 kexts in system\library\extensions

Both on boards must be onboard-2 (IGPU is wrong). Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File?Save a Copy As...) with a HDMI device attached. The fffffff only shows in the copy, not in an active IOReg.

Thank you for your reply and assistance! Here's the IOReg, and in case it helps the System Report showing the audio & graphics/display recognised. I found the audio a little odd as I only know of the one optical output on the motherboard (external interface) - an internal one is listed too but there don't seem to be any such ports on the part of the motherboard inside the case.

VeryModern-Audio.pngVeryModern-Video.png
VeryModern-IOReg.zip
On a bit of a tangent but perhaps important to troubleshooting, the other thing that's a little different now than it was before I started this is lack of VGI out. It seems there's not a signal for that just now.

I had read in the posts from bcc9 & replies @ http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=259705 that in the kext buffer table (I probably am not accurate on technical terminology here) that the one starting with 05 03 is for an Inernal LCD and 06 02 is for VGA. I don't have any need for an internal LCD output with this desktop build.

Attachments

• VeryModern-Audio.png
    VeryModern-Audio.png
    41.7 KB · Views: 317
  • VeryModern-Video.png
    VeryModern-Video.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 317
  • VeryModern-IOReg.zip
    278.3 KB · Views: 81
verymodern said:
Thank you for your reply and assistance! Here's the IOReg, and in case it helps the System Report showing the audio & graphics/display recognised. I found the audio a little odd as I only know of the one optical output on the motherboard (external interface) - an internal one is listed too but there don't seem to be any such ports on the part of the motherboard inside the case.
The first and most important step in HDMI audio is having a HDMI device plugged in. The bcc9 post is talking about the macbookpro8,1 framebuffer. You have the machine5,1 framebuffer loaded which is correct and doesn't have an internal display but does have 2 DP and 1 HDMI connectors. For AppleHDA, download the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit v4 http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=209915#p209915 and install only the included AppleHDA.kext. Edit dsdt/HDEF/Layout-id 0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00. Reply with a copy of IOReg when the above is complete.

toleda said:
The first and most important step in HDMI audio is having a HDMI device plugged in.
... You have the machine5,1 framebuffer loaded which is correct and doesn't have an internal display but does have 2 DP and 1 HDMI connectors. For AppleHDA, download the CustoMac Mini Tuneup Kit v4 ... and install only the included AppleHDA.kext. Edit dsdt/HDEF/Layout-id 0x85 0x01 0x00 0x00. Reply with a copy of IOReg when the above is complete.

Hi Toleda - loving your new HDMI avatar.

I think Autocorrect ate macmini5,1 and turned it into machine5,1 framebuffer in your last post!

I have installed via Kext Wizard just the AppleHDA.kext from the tuneup kit v4 and adjusted my DSDT so it looks like this at your suggestion:
Code:
            Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Method (_PRW, 0, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Return (Package (0x02)
                    {
                        0x0D, 
                        0x05
                    })
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Store (Package (0x06)
                        {
                            "hda-gfx", 
                            Buffer (0x0A)
                            {
                                "onboard-2"
                            }, 

"layout-id", 
                            /**** Is ResourceTemplate, but EndTag not at buffer end ****/ Buffer (0x04)
                            {
                                0x85, 0x01, 0x00, 0x00
                            }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                            Buffer (Zero) {}
                        }, Local0)
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                    Return (Local0)
                }
            }

After restarting, here is my IOReg. IGPU is still showing with onboard-1 :( . Now, I didn't change anything in the DSDT related to IGPU, which is what did/does show in IOReg (but not in dsdt) as onboard-1. I just edited the HDEF section as advised.

I'm also attaching my revised DSDT in case I've been inadvertently careless with something therein but I did check this over carefully before seeking assistance.
dsdt.aml VeryModern2.zip

Oh, and as for having an HDMI device plugged in, I only have the one monitor/tv handy, and it's been connected via HDMI to my motherboard's only HDMI output since I FIRST began my build (I initially tried the VGA connection but got odd output even with the BIOS screen. I only plug in the VGA briefly at times after progressing with my build to see if it is/isn't functional. I can't use the DVI as I don't have a monitor to accept it and my DVI-HDMI adapter has extra pins that the motherboard's port doesn't). Thanks for sticking with me on this!

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    17.5 KB · Views: 110
  • VeryModern2.zip
    333.2 KB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back