Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 2a: DSDT Edits/Discrete - AMD/Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.
snoopy12533 said:
I'm doing a fresh install of lion and would like to use hdmi audio. Can someone help me with the edits necessary to get it working?
Proceed with the dsdt edits as described in this guide. Reply with specific questions and edited dsdt.

hi lollo78 i can't control volume whit the keyboard either

caracortada7883 said:
hi lollo78 i can't control volume whit the keyboard either
You cannot control digital audio with analog controls by design. The audio device making the sound has the volume control. If keyboard volume control is important, switch to analog stereo audio.

toleda said:
snoopy12533 said:
I'm doing a fresh install of lion and would like to use hdmi audio. Can someone help me with the edits necessary to get it working?
Proceed with the dsdt edits as described in this guide. Reply with specific questions and edited dsdt.

I have found my graphic card adress "0x00030000" But i cant find PEGP, GFX0 or PEG0 in my dsdt

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    18.9 KB · Views: 127
snoopy12533 said:
I have found my graphic card adress "0x00030000" But i cant find PEGP, GFX0 or PEG0 in my dsdt
You're right, they aren't there. Simply skip 2 and continue with Step c.
As the guide says:
"2. If you found Device PEG0, P0P1, P0P2 or P0P3, etc., skip to Step 4. Edit DSDT

c. Look down through the code and find "Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)"
1. Typically, there are between 10 and 60 lines of code to Method(_STA…..
2. Example, Line 432 in the DSDT below."

The example in the guide is exactly what you should see in your dsdt.
432 Method (_STA, 0, NotSerialized)

Proceed with the remaining steps in the guide.

Hello toleda. I have completed my first hackintosh build recently and the last remaining item to get sorted out is the hdmi audio on my ASUS GTX560 (no ti). I don't have a dsdt for my board and I installed lion using easy beast. where should I start to get this working if there is no dsdt for my mb? I'm sorry if its something stupid. I'm really new to all of this. Thank you again.

pkid92 said:
Hello toleda. I have completed my first hackintosh build recently and the last remaining item to get sorted out is the hdmi audio on my ASUS GTX560 (no ti). I don't have a dsdt for my board and I installed lion using easy beast. where should I start to get this working if there is no dsdt for my mb? I'm sorry if its something stupid. I'm really new to all of this. Thank you again.
Try this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559&start=0&hilit=make+dsd

Thank you. Are there any steps I need to take before or after installing a dsdt after I've already used EasyBeast?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back