Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 9600GT does not support AppleHDA HDMI audio. Install the 662 edited AppleHDA.kext without the HDMI audio edits. Use SPDIF.

Wha ?

I've got a G210 installed. That's a cheapo model with an HDMI port.

Did I send you the wrong ioreg ? Let's see what I did :(

Wha ?

I've got a G210 installed. That's a cheapo model with an HDMI port.

Did I send you the wrong ioreg ? Let's see what I did :(

No sir. You must have gotten my IOReg mixed up with somebody else's.

I just downloaded it from my previous post as a sanity check and appearing under PEGP->GFX0->device-id ...

<65 0a 00 00>

and under PEGP->HDAU->IOName ...

pci10de,be3

10de:eek:a65 = NVidia GeForce 210
10de:0be3 = NVidia HD audio device

Nothing about the 9600GT that I could see.

Toleda, it looks like you are having a busy day ;)

No sir. You must have gotten my IOReg mixed up with somebody else's.

I just downloaded it from my previous post as a sanity check and appearing under PEGP->GFX0->device-id ...

<65 0a 00 00>

and under PEGP->HDAU->IOName ...

pci10de,be3

10de:eek:a65 = NVidia GeForce 210
10de:0be3 = NVidia HD audio device

Nothing about the 9600GT that I could see.

Toleda, it looks like you are having a busy day ;)

Oh, you must be looking at my sig. Ignore that. I've built literally dozens of machines since that !

Oh, you must be looking at my sig. Ignore that. I've built literally dozens of machines since that !
I used the your profile, my mistake. AppleHDA has nothing to do with EDID. What problem are you trying to solve?

I used the your profile, my mistake. AppleHDA has nothing to do with EDID. What problem are you trying to solve?

My G210 HD audio device is not being found. Also, if I install the ALC662 modded AppleHDA,kext with the proper AppleHDA/AppleHDAController hex edits for my G210 HD audio device and codec, the system is very slow to boot, bogged down with AppleHDA errors at load time. This is all in post#228.

I'm ready to chalk it up to the fact that I'm trying with an ALC662 rather than an ALC8xx codec but I just thought that I'd check with you to see if there was some light that you could shed on the situation.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back