Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Breault720 said:
The Extra/Util/bdmesg did not exist. I created the folder, moved the bdmesg into it and rebooted. Here's the report:
bdmesg says you are using a custom dsdt which is good. I don't know why PEGP, GFX0 and HDAU are not loading from your dsdt.

I was trying to retrace my steps, and I noticed, ioreg says my card's address is 0x00030000. but there are NO instances of that location in a freshly downloaded DSDT from the database. would that have anything to do with our difficulties?

Breault720 said:
I was trying to retrace my steps, and I noticed, ioreg says my card's address is 0x00030000. but there are NO instances of that location in a freshly downloaded DSDT from the database. would that have anything to do with our difficulties?
IOReg and dsdt need to have the same address for PEGP.

I'm going to start a new build later this month, currently i am running a AMD HD6870 gfx on a GA-z68MX-UD2H-B3 mobo. I have HDMI audio working great, but with no onboard audio. what would be a good combo to have both onboard and HDMI audio.

Hello I need help. I have a evga gt210 working onboard audio but no hdmi audio, I currently enable the audio with voodoohda kext. Thanks.

thank you toledo that text worked great now i have an even better idea of what my next build will be

XDSergio said:
Hello I need help. I have a evga gt210 working onboard audio but no hdmi audio, I currently enable the audio with voodoohda kext. Thanks.
Either figure out HDMI audio in Voodoo or start over with AppleHDA.kext as described in the guides.

Two words Thank You!!!

Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 8.45.44 PM.png

One question any idea why there is a comma after the graphics card name
Geforce GT 430, it bugs the heck outta me.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 8.45.44 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-03-15 at 8.45.44 PM.png
    101.1 KB · Views: 146
dm5253 said:
Two words Thank You!!!
You are probably using the GFX0 Nvidia_GE=N-DSDT_HDMI_Audio_Edit edits:
change:
"model",
Buffer (0x10)
to
"model",
Buffer (0x0F)

You did a lot of extra work; the GT430 works perfectly with GE=Y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back