Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
KidCastro said:
Toleda, I have breakthrough... I now have HDMI AUDIO working for P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0 Motherboard!!!

MY HACK IS COMPLETE, DO YOU THINK MY DSDT MAY WORK FOR OTHERS WITH ASUS BOARDS + 6870 or other natively supported boards?
It must be a miracle. HDEF is not correct. GFX0 is not correct. You are using a different AppleHDA.kext. Before you post, it is a good idea to validate your method on a clean install. Attach a current copy of IOReg.

I am using your AppleHDA.kext 100%... check below, wheres the enabler? My DSDT must be patched so I dont need to use an enabler, as per samisnake comment... http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=320025#p320025

Screen%20Shot%202012-02-25%20at%2015421%20PM.png

Attached my DSDT & IOREG for your inspection.... How come its working? o_O

I really dont want to re-install my setup but I can test things for you if you want Toleda :thumbup:

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 71
  • IOREG-for-toleda.zip
    750.8 KB · Views: 105
KidCastro said:
I am using your AppleHDA.kext 100%... check below, wheres the enabler? My DSDT must be patched so I dont need to use an enabler, as per samisnake comment... http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=320025#p320025

Attached my DSDT & IOREG for your inspection.... How come its working? o_O

I really dont want to re-install my setup but I can test things for you if you want Toleda :thumbup:
The IOReg and dsdt do not match. The dsdt show HDEF/layout-id 12 and IOReg shows 892. The dsdt shows PEGP and IOReg shows P0P2, etc. The IOReg shows 892 audio working, no HDMI audio and the enabler is still installed (HDEF/Credit/2008 (c) K...). There is no way the dsdt attached produced the IOReg attached. I downloaded everything twice and confirmed I did not open the wrong files. The dsdt is for a Asus Laptop and different than the first dsdt you attached titled ALASKA. Suggest you download the attachments to see what I'm seeing.

Toleda, I read a lot of your writing on this HDMI audio subject. I just wanted to verify my understanding before I attempted the DSDT edits. I have a P55A-UDP4 and a GT220. I have a DSDT from the database and am using your 889 appleHDA 2.1.3 . Is it correct that once I edit the DSDT, there are no kext edits required for the GT220 because it is natively supported by the appleHDA?

Breault720 said:
Toleda, I read a lot of your writing on this HDMI audio subject. I just wanted to verify my understanding before I attempted the DSDT edits. I have a P55A-UDP4 and a GT220. I have a DSDT from the database and am using your 889 appleHDA 2.1.3 . Is it correct that once I edit the DSDT, there are no kext edits required for the GT220 because it is natively supported by the appleHDA?
Likely, though no guarantee.

I added the edits to the dsdt, rebooted, and when I was checking ioreg, I wasn't able to find hdau. any ideas?

<edit: added ioreg>

Attachments

• dsdt.aml
    20.5 KB · Views: 114
  • ioregresults.zip
    568.6 KB · Views: 85
can you tell which one? I deleted the 8xx one that multibeast uses, and am using your appleHDA. didnt think there were others?

would Soundflower be affecting this?

found another one, deleted it. repaired permissions, rebooted. hdau is now present, but no options in midi nor sound prefs.

Attachments

• ioregresults.zip
    523.4 KB · Views: 64
I guess we were wrong about the the GT220 not requiring kext editing? I should procede using the GT 4xx/5xx directions then? Would there be anything different on account of my card being a 220 and not a 240, or 4xx/5xx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back