Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i think you misunderstood? I want the sound through the HDMI output on my 8400GS. I connected the SPDIF lead to the mobo.

Toleda, Ive managed to have AppleHDA working without any enablers or ALC8XX kexts which is great.

Also Ive managed to follow this guide here http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559 to make my Asus P8P67 Pro DSDT. Also applied ALC892 to the DSDT as its advised in that guide. Is that right?

So I have HDEF with layout below for Discreet GFX 6870
0x7C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00

How come I don't have GFX0 and POP1? like you requested to make changes too.

I've attached my DSDT.aml - Maybe you can help me out? I dont have XCODE so I cant output IOREG like your request.

I just want my ASUS P8P67 Pro & HD6870 to have HDMI Audio working.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    34.8 KB · Views: 112
KidCastro said:
Toleda, Ive managed to have AppleHDA working without any enablers or ALC8XX kexts which is great.
If you are not using the AppleHDA.kext from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42546. I'd suggest you try it. Back up you current audio/system. Edit dsdt/HDEF as described in the thread. Note, delete 4 injections and change package to 04 from 0C. Compile and install the dsdt. Follow the instructions; install the 892 edited AppleHDA.kext and fix permissions and caches. Restart and verify audio.

To get a copy of IOReg without Xcode, run DSDTSE/Registry info/Get. Reply with the edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As ....).

You do have P0P1. You don't have GFX0 and you have to add it. I need to see the copy of IOReg to see the display address.

toleda said:
KidCastro said:
If you are not using the AppleHDA.kext from this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=42546. I'd suggest you try it. Back up you current audio/system. Edit dsdt/HDEF as described in the thread. Note, delete 4 injections and change package to 04 from 0C. Compile and install the dsdt. Follow the instructions; install the 892 edited AppleHDA.kext and fix permissions and caches. Restart and verify audio.

To get a copy of IOReg without Xcode, run DSDTSE/Registry info/Get. Reply with the edited dsdt and a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As ....).

You do have P0P1. You don't have GFX0 and you have to add it. I need to see the copy of IOReg to see the display address.

Hi Toleda,

I am running your AppleHDA.kext from that thread :)

I've attempted to make the DSDT changes but keep getting errors and dont fully understand what you mean by deleting 4 injections.

Can you help me out... I've attached what you asked for below. Maybe you can help me with the edits required. I kept getting compiling errors.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    34.8 KB · Views: 115
  • IOREG-ASUSP8P67PROREV30.zip
    698.8 KB · Views: 79
KidCastro said:
I've attempted to make the DSDT changes but keep getting errors and dont fully understand what you mean by deleting 4 injections.

Can you help me out... I've attached what you asked for below. Maybe you can help me with the edits required. I kept getting compiling errors.
The dsdt attached has no compile errors. Attach the dsdt you are having trouble so I can see the problem.

By delete 4 injections, I mean make your HDEF look like the HDEF in Optimized 892 AppleHDA.kext post (i.e., delete, subsystem-id...,subsystem-vendor-id....,codec-id......,device-type....). Change Store from 0x0C to 0x04.

Delete the enabler to verify the AppleHDA.kext is working properly with the dsdt. Attach an IOReg without the enabler.

toleda said:
KidCastro said:

The dsdt attached has no compile errors. Attach the dsdt you are having trouble so I can see the problem.

By delete 4 injections, I mean make your HDEF look like the HDEF in Optimized 892 AppleHDA.kext post (i.e., delete, subsystem-id...,subsystem-vendor-id....,codec-id......,device-type....). Change Store from 0x0C to 0x04.

Delete the enabler to verify the AppleHDA.kext is working properly with the dsdt. Attach an IOReg without the enabler.

Toleda, thanks for your help man...

Heres my DSDT.DSL with compile errors :? attached.

Also, not sure about IOREG without enabler??? I cant see an enabler in S/L/E ? Do you have any idea what the file is. My AppleHDA.kext does not provide audio without my DSDT now. If I run my LION without DSDT, audio doesnt work. Doesnt this prove no enabler is being used?

Attachments

• DSDT with compile error.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 82
KidCastro said:

Also, not sure about IOREG without enabler??? I cant see an enabler in S/L/E ? Do you have any idea what the file is. My AppleHDA.kext does not provide audio without my DSDT now. If I run my LION without DSDT, audio doesnt work. Doesnt this prove no enabler is being used?
The file is corrupt. I got 234 lines. Put the dsdt.dsl file in a folder, compress the folder and send that.

IOReg/HDEF/Credits 2008 (c) K... says there is an enabler somewhere in S/L/E. The dsdt tells AppleHDA.kext what layout-id to use. Without a valid dsdt/HDEF/layout-id, audio does not work.

toleda said:
KidCastro said:

The file is corrupt. I got 234 lines. Put the dsdt.dsl file in a folder, compress the folder and send that.

IOReg/HDEF/Credits 2008 (c) K... says there is an enabler somewhere in S/L/E. The dsdt tells AppleHDA.kext what layout-id to use. Without a valid dsdt/HDEF/layout-id, audio does not work.

Toleda, I have breakthrough... I now have HDMI AUDIO working for P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0 Motherboard!!!

If in fact I have an enabler, which I dont I am certain... then I am able to achieve HDMI Audio with an enabler.

I believe I am running your optimized ALC 892 AppleHDA.kext & this DSDT below.

Can you tell me why this is working? and the layout ID is completely different from anything you have used before.

MY HACK IS COMPLETE, DO YOU THINK MY DSDT MAY WORK FOR OTHERS WITH ASUS BOARDS + 6870 or other natively supported boards?

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    13.8 KB · Views: 95
KidCastro said:
Toleda, I have breakthrough... I now have HDMI AUDIO working for P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0 Motherboard!!!

MY HACK IS COMPLETE, DO YOU THINK MY DSDT MAY WORK FOR OTHERS WITH ASUS BOARDS + 6870 or other natively supported boards?
It must be a miracle. HDEF is not correct. GFX0 is not correct. You are using a different AppleHDA.kext. Before you post, it is a good idea to validate your method on a clean install. Attach a current copy of IOReg.

Hi,

I'm a little confused - should I be following the instructions on this thread, or over at http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/hdmi-audio-solutions-intel-hd-3000.html Are both routes the same/similar? If not, is one easier/simpler for a non-techie?

Anyway, I was trying to figure out the following requirements:

4. Device (HDEF) present in dsdt. (Working on board audio required for 10.7 or HD3000)
5. No audio enablers (i.e., Voodoo, 8xxEnabler, etc)

In my previous go-round I had audio going with the AppleHDA Rollback, but seeing as I need AppleHDA version 2.1 for HDMI, I did not install the Rollback this time around. Should I have? And then re-install the later version?

Sorry if this is an obvious question with the answer staring me in the face, but going back and forth across the forums has left me confused.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back