Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
toleda said:
iGee said:
My AppleHDA is the rollback one in multibeast. In the info.plist it says version 1.7.9. Do i need to install the official Lion one for this to work, even though my machine requires the one i have?
I don't think the 8400 GS has an audio processor. These techniques only work on graphics cards with audio processors.

Ok? Well i went ahead and started the tutorial anyways and i got success up until the 5th step "verify DSDT". When i search for the GFX0, nothing is found? Is this because i have the wrong AppleHDA kext?

With regards to my card, it has a socket for a SPDIF cable or whatever. Will this work with this tutorial? I have made a lead to join it to my motherboard because i didn't get one supplied. Does the polarity matter on the pins though? Obviously my plug ends aren't key'd for the sockets and will go in either way round.

Edit: I found the correct polarity, but will the cable make this work?
Thanks

iGee said:
Ok? Well i went ahead and started the tutorial anyways and i got success up until the 5th step "verify DSDT". When i search for the GFX0, nothing is found? Is this because i have the wrong AppleHDA kext?

With regards to my card, it has a socket for a SPDIF cale or whatever. Will this work with this tutorial? I have made a lead to join it to my motherboard because i didn't get one supplied. Does the polarity matter on the pins though? Obviously my plug ends aren't key'd for the sockets and will go in either way round.

Thanks
The dsdt edits for GFX0 aren't right. To use the SPDIF cable from the motherboard to the graphics card, digital audio/optical in System Preferences/Sound/Output has to work. The is a feature on on board audio. Is you on board audio working? What is you audio codec?

It's two wire, so it matters that + is connected to +.

toleda said:
The dsdt edits for GFX0 aren't right. To use the SPDIF cable from the motherboard to the graphics card, digital audio/optical in System Preferences/Sound/Output has to work. The is a feature on on board audio. Is you on board audio working? What is you audio codec?

It's two wire, so it matters that + is connected to +.

So i have to replace my now edited DSDT with the original and scrap everything i did in this tutorial?

I can confirm my mini jack output works fine using the AppleHDA and Rollback options in multibeast. It works when i select "internal speakers" under sound/output. The digital out doesn't appear work, though it shows up (wont let me change volume when i select it). Is that something i need to get working for the SPDIF cable to work?

Any help or a point in the right direction is appreciated.
Thanks

iGee said:
So i have to replace my now edited DSDT with the original and scrap everything i did in this tutorial?

I can confirm my mini jack output works fine using the AppleHDA and Rollback options in multibeast. It works when i select "internal speakers" under sound/output. The digital out doesn't appear work, though it shows up (wont let me change volume when i select it). Is that something i need to get working for the SPDIF cable to work?
You don't have to scrap anything. However, since it isn't finished and working, revert to the original. The digital out is probably working. When it is working you see the same message because the sound system connected to the computer controls the volume, not the computer.

Thanks.

But i dont understand this bit...

The digital out is probably working. When it is working you see the same message because the sound system connected to the computer controls the volume, not the computer.

Which AppleHDA kext do i need? Am i still going to follow this tutorial? :S

iGee said:
Thanks.

Which AppleHDA kext do i need? Am i still going to follow this tutorial? :S
You are going to use Digital Out (SPDIF/Optical) which is a choice with on board audio. Currently MultiBeast gives you on board. Connect the SPDIF on your motherboard to the SPDIF on your graphics card. There is no guide for that, however, others have been successful.

I have "Digital Out" and "Digi CoreAudio Device", which one do i need? Should it just work when i connect the cable and select the right output device?

yeah, it doesn't work man. I dont know what i need to do to make it work? It has the little no entry sign thing when i try to change volume.

I have just tried all of this with recommended AppleHDA kext, but when i have to verify my edits at the end, GFX0 still isn't found.

I havent got a clue what im supposed to be doing. I followed these instructions to the letter. Then i cant follow anymore because i dont find GFX0.

iGee said:
yeah, it doesn't work man. I dont know what i need to do to make it work? It has the little no entry sign thing when i try to change volume.

I have just tried all of this with recommended AppleHDA kext, but when i have to verify my edits at the end, GFX0 still isn't found.

I havent got a clue what im supposed to be doing. I followed these instructions to the letter. Then i cant follow anymore because i dont find GFX0.
Do your research. The device that makes the sound controls the volume. Plug the optical output of the motherboard into the optical input of your speaker system/TV/whatever. Change the volume on that device. This is by design for all encoded digital audio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back