Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
will this work with Voodoo HDA or do i have to have Apple HDA?

jacksonc0939 said:
Example: HDMI Audio Device_id: "eb 0b".
Special Case - GT 240:
In Lion (AppleHDA_v2.1.x), GT240 (device_id; de 10 e4 0b) was not updated.
HexEdit/Find: "de 10 e4 0b", HexEdit/Replace: "de 10 e3 0b" 2 Times.
HexEdit/Find: "de 10 ea 0b", HexEdit/Replace: "de 10 eb 0b"
I did patch it use the part3b.Nvdia's "G240" way, but crash at startup : windows service when I reboot. :sick:

3Q for your help tell me how to patched the AppleHDAController.kext? and sorry for my poor English. :oops:
That is not right. The GT 210 is not included in this guide. Try this
HexEdit/Find: "de 10 e2 0b", HexEdit/Replace: "de 10 e3 0b" 4 Times

I followed the guide to enabling HDMI audio output through DSDT and it works, its just really laggy.

I tried not running any other programs while playing through iTunes, but it keeps jumping like a scratched disc - not sure how else to describe it.

It's not just the audio that lags, its the general graphics too the second i change my output in System pref. to my TV, so possibly did something wrong with my card in the DSDT?

Currently running 10.7.3 but it did this in 10.7.2 too.

ASUS p557D motherboard,
Sapphire 6870 1GB

Any ideas?

brownin said:
I followed the guide to enabling HDMI audio output through DSDT and it works, its just really laggy.

I tried not running any other programs while playing through iTunes, but it keeps jumping like a scratched disc - not sure how else to describe it.

It's not just the audio that lags, its the general graphics too the second i change my output in System pref. to my TV, so possibly did something wrong with my card in the DSDT?

Currently running 10.7.3 but it did this in 10.7.2 too.

ASUS p557D motherboard,
Sapphire 6870 1GB

Any ideas?

Might be something related to this issue

viewtopic.php?t=3365

toleda said:
jacksonc0939 said:
Example: HDMI Audio Device_id: "eb 0b".
Special Case - GT 240:
In Lion (AppleHDA_v2.1.x), GT240 (device_id; de 10 e4 0b) was not updated.
HexEdit/Find: "de 10 e4 0b", HexEdit/Replace: "de 10 e3 0b" 2 Times.
HexEdit/Find: "de 10 ea 0b", HexEdit/Replace: "de 10 eb 0b"
I did patch it use the part3b.Nvdia's "G240" way, but crash at startup : windows service when I reboot. :sick:

3Q for your help tell me how to patched the AppleHDAController.kext? and sorry for my poor English. :oops:
That is not right. The GT 210 is not included in this guide. Try this
HexEdit/Find: "de 10 e2 0b", HexEdit/Replace: "de 10 e3 0b" 4 Times

I try patched on AppleHDAController.kext, but still crash...

3Q for help~
Maybe the N210 can't be HDMI Audio~~~ :cry: :banghead:

My AppleHDA is the rollback one in multibeast. In the info.plist it says version 1.7.9. Do i need to install the official Lion one for this to work, even though my machine requires the one i have?

If so, where could i find it?

Thanks

iGee said:
My AppleHDA is the rollback one in multibeast. In the info.plist it says version 1.7.9. Do i need to install the official Lion one for this to work, even though my machine requires the one i have?
I don't think the 8400 GS has an audio processor. These techniques only work on graphics cards with audio processors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back