Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
veng58 said:
hi ,toleda i now have an entry for gfx0 but not hdau i do have an entry in hdef with onboard and the device id intrigued ?attached new ioreg
You still have the audio enabler installed. When the line Credits in HDEF disappears, you'll know its gone.

hdau is still part of hdef can i proceed at this point no audio is showing in ioreg? found a hdaenabler8xxx lurking in kexts thats cured it onto the next bit thanks for help Toleda

hi ,toledo trying to do the hda edits and it cannot find the addresses although they are in isoreg i have hdmi audio in more info and the sound but nothing in preferences sound

i am going to give up on hdmi audio ,the minute my system sniffs an apple hda kext it will not boot at a loss of how to edit a hda kext when it will not load one ,thank you for sending the 889beta but i only get a black screen when it wants to boot into lion

veng58 said:
i am going to give up on hdmi audio ,the minute my system sniffs an apple hda kext it will not boot at a loss of how to edit a hda kext when it will not load one ,thank you for sending the 889beta but i only get a black screen when it wants to boot into lion
See if this solves your black screen problem. If you have the 889 and 430, no kext editing is required.

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 80
Walgus said:
Same result on 10.7.1 AppleHDA.kext (2.1.1f12), black screen on alc892+nvidia patch.

For the GTX570 nvidia patch alone i used AppleHDA.kext 10.7.2 (2.1.3f7)

I'm out of ideas for now, i guess it's something related to the pathMaps or so (platforms.xml), as you said.

The assertion errors goes along these lines:
Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in AppleHDA sourcecache...
This problem has spread to all of my machines. I have not figured out what has changed in 10.7.2 . In the meantime, I prepared a work around based on AppleHDA_v1.7.9. It is patched for the 892. Apply this edit for the 570 to AppleHDA binary:
Find: 14 00 de 10
Replace: 18 00 de 10 (4 times)

Attachments

• AppleHDA.kext.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
toleda said:
Walgus said:
Same result on 10.7.1 AppleHDA.kext (2.1.1f12), black screen on alc892+nvidia patch.

I'm out of ideas for now, i guess it's something related to the pathMaps or so (platforms.xml), as you said.

Sound assertion "0 == pathMap_aDriverInstance" failed in AppleHDA sourcecache...
This problem has spread to all of my machines. I have not figured out what has changed in 10.7.2 . In the meantime, I prepared a work around based on AppleHDA_v1.7.9. It is patched for the 892. Apply this edit for the 570 to AppleHDA binary:
Thanks toleda!

Will try out that and report back

Walgus said:
toleda said:
Walgus said:

Thanks toleda!

Will try out that and report back

Just tried it and no luck unfortunately. Tried doing a few cold boots and unplugging the power cord but nothing, only HDMI audio worked well, tried internal speaker and any other output line but nothing on this board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back