Contribute
Register

Lion HDMI Audio - Part 1: Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.
dlbass93 said:
Thanks Toleda,

I do not think my card has an onboard codec. I have been wanting to upgrade anyway. I see that you have the GTX 570, my friend just got an EVGA one with a full HDMI port. Do you recommend one like that? Will it be easy(ish) to get working with HDMI audio?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814130622
The GTX280 does not have an audio codec. My GTX 570 HD (I have the same as your link) requires device_id edits in NVDAGF100Hal.kext and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and works very well. Getting HDMI audio working is easy for me and many others; each step has to be executed correctly.

Hi,

I recently put together my first hackintosh with EVGA X58 Classified 3, ATI Radeon HD6870, i7-980, and installed OS X Lion 10.7.2 using the unibeast tool.

The 6870 has an HDMI port and I would like to get the HDMI audio working (video output works great). I'm confused about the DSDT requirement. I've read elsewhere about creating your own DSDT, is that the path I should take?

thanks!

-kevin

kyu2006 said:
Hi,

I recently put together my first hackintosh with EVGA X58 Classified 3, ATI Radeon HD6870, i7-980, and installed OS X Lion 10.7.2 using the unibeast tool.

The 6870 has an HDMI port and I would like to get the HDMI audio working (video output works great). I'm confused about the DSDT requirement. I've read elsewhere about creating your own DSDT, is that the path I should take?

thanks!

-kevin
Yes, try this http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=35559

HI,having a go at the hdmi audio ,i have done the first edits in dsdtse and installed them without a problem ,on reboot ,i have done this several times still no gfx0 or pegp in ioreg,in more info /graphics its even identified tv as sharp hdmi,i know it works as it is all working in win7

veng58 said:
HI,having a go at the hdmi audio ,i have done the first edits in dsdtse and installed them without a problem ,on reboot ,i have done this several times still no gfx0 or pegp in ioreg,in more info /graphics its even identified tv as sharp hdmi,i know it works as it is all working in win7
Attach a copy of IOReg (IORegistryExplorer/File/Save a Copy As...).

thanks for looking

Attachments

• lion.ioreg.zip
    401.5 KB · Views: 71
veng58 said:
thanks for looking
Your IOReg doesn't show any edits where made to the dsdt. How are you installing the edited dsdt.aml to the Extra folder? What are you using for on board audio? You have an audio enabler installed in S/L/E that you will have to remove for HDMI audio to work. Attach your edited dsdt.

yes saving to extra folder ,using the applehda.kext for audio so that needs to be deleted ?

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    7.2 KB · Views: 84
veng58 said:
yes saving to extra folder ,using the applehda.kext for audio so that needs to be deleted ?
Device (PEGP) has the wrong address:
change
Name (_ADR, 0x00030000)
to
Name (_ADR, 0x00010000)

Replace you current AppleHDA.kext with this:

Attachments

• 889Beta_Lion_AppleHDA.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 114
hi ,toleda i now have an entry for gfx0 but not hdau i do have an entry in hdef with onboard and the device id intrigued ?attached new ioreg

Attachments

• lion2.ioreg.zip
    382.4 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back