5. SE
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Gigabyte P55-USB3, F8 firmware
Intel i5 760, no OC
NVIDIA GTX 470
8 GiB DDR3

Background: I've been running Snow Leopard for about six months with minimal difficulty. I backed up my files onto a new disk (not a full bootable clone, unfortunately). Right now, I'm working from a brand new SL install on one of my other drives. It works fine, running from Chimera, although I didn't bother to get sound and graphics working properly.

I'm clean-installing Lion on my primary drive. I reformatted, created an install partition, and otherwise followed the guide. Everything went off without a hitch through the Lion install and first boot (from the Chimera on my SL drive to the Lion drive). I went through normal system setup and then ran MultiBeast. Subsequently, the Lion drive will no longer boot, hanging after the "DSMOS has arrived" message. Lion will boot from neither its own drive's Chimera nor the one on the working SL drive.

I tried again, reformatting and reinstalling, and the same thing happened. The first time, I used MultiBeast to install sound, network, etc.. The second time, I checked only UserDSDT and System Utilities. There was no observable difference in the outcome.

I'm using the correct DSDT, the same one I used for SL months ago.

Any thoughts, things I could try?

Minor update: I tried a third time, just for the heck of it, and the outcome was the same. Lion seems to work before MultiBeast - I rebooted it successfully from my SL drive's Chimera - but even a minimal UserDSDT install plus System Utilities triggers the bug.

It appears that disabling GraphicsEnabler allows Lion to boot, but it borks the previously-working graphics. I'm trying various configurations to see if I can get everything working at once.

i also hit to this error msg,
GraphicsEnabler=no, PCIRootUID=1, arch=i386, -x -v doesnt help.

my system :
i7 965 xe
giga x58a-ud3r v1.0 F5
Asus ATI 4850
6gb DDR3 1333

any suggestion ?

It happens here as well. If you try to re-install your DSDT with multibeast (which i tried so I could fix the slow logins problem, which it did but it messed up graphics).
I

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back