Graphics
6800HD Radeon
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a Sandy Bridge i7 core, with Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P F6 motherboard, 16 GB RAM, OCZ Vertex 3 SSD (OS Drive), WD 2TB Storage Drive (Won't Boot OS if installed). I also have the Saphire HD 6870 Graphics Card with no sound output. And two Dynex DX-eSATAP PCI cards with 2 eSATA ports that won't work with my external DVD drives drivers downloaded and installed from Dynex website.

Please Help

I am new to the Hackintosh and computer building in general and currently only have 3 issues:
1 - Hackintosh won't boot with the storage drive installed
2 - No sound from HDMI on my graphics card
3 - eSATA PCI card not working

Thank you

What is the error you get on boot? If it is stuck at the apple screen please use the -v boot flag and tell us what the error is.

Thank you for the quick response. I may be slow to respond and or be able to test recommended fixes due to my son being born earlier today. Those of you with kids I am sure understand.
I will be able to try at least one or two things daily, mostly at night.

Thanks again.

The startup freezes at:

Loading Operating System ...
_

The _ is flashing.

If I use F12 and select the boot drive after the Loading Operating System ... screen it goes to a screen with a rotating - which freezes and start up stops

I think the easiest fix would be to swap the sata ports the two drives are on, you can also try swapping around the boot order but I'm not sure that boot order changes your disk numbers or not.

Either try the boot order or swap cables. But I think the cables is the best solution because if you ever reset defaults that will be your first boot drive.

I will try to adjust the boot priority tonight (in BIOS correct?), I have the SSD connected to one of the 6GB/sec SATA ports and don't want to swap it out, it should be the first SATA port.

Adjusted the priority in BIOS, and still had problems, will try again after I move the HDD to a different port.

What type SSD and HDD? SATA II 3G/s or SATA III 6G/s?

If the SSD is SATA III, connect it to port 3_0
If the WD 2Tb is SATA III, connect it to port 3_1

If the SSD is SATA II, connect it to port 2_2
If the WD 2Tb is SATA II, connect it to port 2_3

In BIOS screen "Advanced BIOS Features" hi-lite the first entry Hard drive boot priority and hit enter. Use the arrow keys to hi-lite your SSD, then hit the page up key until it is at the top of the list. Make the rest of BIOS, HPETenabled and 64 bit on power management screen and set all SATA ports to AHCI, save and exit, continue boot.

The SSD is a SATA III, I do not know if the 2TB is SATA 3 GB/sec. I am sure the SSD is already in 3_0. Where should the 2TB go?

I think the easiest fix would be to swap the sata ports the two drives are on, you can also try swapping around the boot order but I'm not sure that boot order changes your disk numbers or not.

Either try the boot order or swap cables. But I think the cables is the best solution because if you ever reset defaults that will be your first boot drive.

Thanks, this fixed the problem for me. Nice and quick fix, to bad i didn't think about this earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back