1. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. Apple
  3. Lisa
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I did a search and found nothing.

The only threads I found were how to download Lion AFTER buying it from the app store.

I only have the latest mac mini and MBA, which both had Lion on it, and I can only reinstalled from command+R, so no downloaded files.

When I go to purchase Lion from the app store, it wont let me saying it's already installed.

Any other methods to get LION?

Thanks for that link. Yup, as I thought, nothing. No matter what, it keeps saying INSTALLED, so it doesn't let me buy it.

Maybe I can try my brothers account and see if it let's me download it because he purchased his license. I had Lion on the new mac mini, so it just wont let me buy a license.

lightninhopkins said:
Thanks for that link. Yup, as I thought, nothing. No matter what, it keeps saying INSTALLED, so it doesn't let me buy it.

Maybe I can try my brothers account and see if it let's me download it because he purchased his license. I had Lion on the new mac mini, so it just wont let me buy a license.
I would suggest buying the USB. So it cost a little more, but you don't and won't have any problems trying to use the "Recover over the internet" option.
With a Hackintosh, you probably wouldn't want to do that anyway.

OTOH, if you have a Mini with Lion already installed,
clone it to an external drive,
move the drive to your hackintosh and boot w/rBoot
select external drive to boot from
clone external drive to the internal drive, shutdown,
remove external drive,
boot w/rBoot
run MultiBeast to add files you need, reboot
done.

I remember doing that install and swapping drives last year on a Leopard machine. Great idea.

I'm going to buy the USB from apple. Definitely worth not having the hassle.

I got Lion installed working by the way, on a 8GB USB and installed Lion perfectly.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back