Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all,
Managed to install W7 and Lion on the same drive. Lion was installed first, then w7.
So after windows install the computer would boot into w7 without any prompt, so i went back into lion install using rBoot and installed multibeast again.
Now i get the Chimera boot screen, but there is no option to start w7, only Lion.
How can i add W7 to the boot screen options?

Tried both of thoes, in both cases the bootloader shows the osx partition, and the 'lion install' partition i created with xMove - but no windows partition is displayed in the list.

I've got the same problem. I installed windows 7 on a 2nd partition of OS X, and now I can't boot to OS X anymore. I rebooted my system using iBoot, then selected OS X, but it wont boot, the computer just restarts.

Is there an issue with Chimera/chameleon. I have 6 partitions and it doesn't show the last partition.

I have installed Chimera 1.5.4, now i get the Windows NTFS option in the boot menu.
When i select it, it does not boot - just an underscore flashing in the top left corner.

If you also get a "System Reserved" icon, use this for booting Win7, not the NTFS icon.

I have deleted the lion installer partition. The windows partition still does not appear, now the bootloader only shows 1 icon - osx lion partition.

I have had a go re-installing windows, this obviously gets windows to work again.
I then check out the fdisk partition listing, by booting into single user mode (-s) using rBoot.
The working windows install changes the active flag to NTFS partition...
So i have changed the active flag to the first partition using fdisk. Which got me back to chimera bootloader (still no windows icon). So i booted into lion and installed chimera 1.5.4 standalone again - no change.
I then fired up fdisk again and changed the active flag to NTFS partition, windows did not boot, but i got the chimera bootloader (no windows option) instead of windows!

I will continue with this, need to investigate the active flag in fdisk, failing that planing to reinstall windows again, this time with EasyBCD - see if that gets me a working dual boot.

Also: how do you undo the "instant menu" thing, i want osx to boot automatically if not interrupted. At the moment boot menu just sits there until i press enter.

No,no,no - forget setting active flags. NTFS partition must be active to boot Win7! The newer versions of Chimera install boot1hfs instead of boot1, so the system knows to boot the chameleon bootloader first. Go back with the Win7 install disc and use the repair function to set the Win7 partition active again. If this doesn't work, you might have to re-install.

Got the dualboot working.
Reinstalled windows again, so it boots. Then installed EasyBCD which lets me choose between windows or chimera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back