Motherboard
Asus Sabertooth X79
CPU
i7-4960X
Graphics
GTX 970 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Basically, I've a relatively full (apart from sleep nd M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card) install of Lion that's super stable on a 640gb drive.

On a separate 500gb drive I have Windows 7 install that's also full and stable and both are operating happily together.

Now, I've just come across something that may mean I need a Snow Leopard install to use a certain software. What's the safest approach?

I have a spare 120gb drive and was simply intending on installing Snow Leopard on that for a triple boot system with Snow Leo, Lion nd Windows 7, all sitting on their own drives.

Does that seem easy and sensible or is there any likely conflict I'm not aware of?

One thing I have just thought of, if I use MultiBeast route to install SL on the third drive, how would that behave with Chimera on the Lion and (via the SL MultiBeast install) on the SL.

I'd be setting the Lion drive as the primary boot drive.

If you have them all on separate drives then you should have no problem. Just boot normally and select SL when you want to boot it. I would suggest you disconnect all other drives before installing it to the spare HDD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back