Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
so guys, its been the third night in a row of no sleeping...

long story short:
i have managed to install lion 10.7 using unibeast+multibeast.
post installation i ran multibeast with dsdt, audio and network - everything works fine, except my graphic card (radeon 5750) isn't recognized. this problem forces me to boot only with "GraphicsEnabler=No".
I already edited the ATI5000Controller and changed the id to lowercase letters - no good.

the funny thing is, when i boot without disabling GraphicsEnabler, i get stuck on the grey apple screen with the circle, but if i press the keys i can hear the system sounds, as if i was already logged in.

i really want my graphics to work (like they used to in SL...)

i would appreciate your help very much,

Yonigrin

If the apple logo is still up, but you can hear the os, that may mean that GraphicsEnabler has configured your card with something wrong, like the frame buffer for example. You could try with ATY_init + GraphicsEnabler=No, this will probe the card and hopefully configure it correctly.

upton_oliver said:
If the apple logo is still up, but you can hear the os, that may mean that GraphicsEnabler has configured your card with something wrong, like the frame buffer for example. You could try with ATY_init + GraphicsEnabler=No, this will probe the card and hopefully configure it correctly.

thanks for your reply.
before i use ATY_init, do i need to rollback the changes i've made?
edited my id in ATI5000Controller.kext
added this to chameleon.Boot.plist :
<key>GraphicsEnabler=Yes</key>
<string>ATIConfig=Uakari</string>

just to be sure - i just install ATY_init with kext helper and reboot?

Re: Lion 10.7.2 on x58a-ud3r v 1.0 f6 + Radeon 5750

OK, i got it - without ATY_Init.

1. install lion 10.7 with unibeast+multibeast.
2. boot with "GraphicsEnabler=No"
3. install lion 10.7.2 update combo (not software update) - don't reboot!
4. re-run multibeast with same settings - don't reboot!
5. search kexts.com for 5750 and download the file described as 5750 ...for lion 10.7.2
6. install as described in readme - then reboot.

that's it!

Thank you for your help yonigrin. I have the exact problem as yours... and follow your steps above. And it worked :clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back