Contribute
Register

Lion 10.7.2 RAID-0 with TonyMacX86 tools & Chimera

Status
Not open for further replies.
@ neil
You're great! Thank you very much. That's all I need.

I only have two hard drives I want to raid, and I suspect I won't be able to create the array the way it's shown in the guide since one of the disks will be the one I'm working from and therefore be in use. How should I go about doing this?

Hi,

At first, thanks for this guide and sorry my english, i'm spanish.
I followed the guide step by step but when I finally restart, I get a boot1: error. I read that chimera have some problems with hardisk larger than 1TB, could be that my problem?
I'm using 2x2TB disk in order to create my RAID0.

Please help me to fix it.

Thank you in advance!

Mmm... I supposed that. But, is there no way to make two partitions, one for boot and another for data like this?

Disk1:
-Partition BootMac - 100Gb
-Partition DataMac - 1,9Tb
Disk2:
-Partition BootMac - 100Gb
-Partition DataMac - 1,9Tb
RAID1:
-BootMac Raid Stripped - 200Gb
RAID2:
-DataMac Raid Stripped - 3,8Tb

What do you think, might works?
Thank you very much.

I don't think, that this will work. And it is really not logical to make it like you want to.
Buy a small SSD for your boot drive (OS X, 60GB should be enough) and then make RAID1 with your DATA disks. A cheap SSD will be faster then what you want to make.

Thanks, this guide works great! I also have all the latest and greatest installed: Chimera 1.9.2, Lion 10.7.4. Running RAID0 on 2x Crucial M4 128GB SSDs as boot disk. 1GB/s :crazy: read and 380MB/s write.

Coupz said:
The funny thing is, that Xbench shows higher rates than Black Magic ?

New versions of black magic show results for incompressible data rates, which will be lower. It is a more accurate figure since most audio and video files will fall under this category.

As you guys recommend me, I purchased a Crucial M4 128Gb SSD and I set the other 2 WD in RAID0 mode. I made a little video showing the speeds by copying a ~8Gb file and strating up Lion 10.7.3
I think I saw it faster a few days later than this video...

[VIDEO]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YK9CbDbmqs[/VIDEO]​

Hey,
Do you folks using 1.9.2 on raid0 boot drive have working facetime and messages beta?
Mine stopped working and i wonder if the "facetime fix" is broken in latest chimera? Can anyone confirm?

raid0 128gb ocz agility SSD
SSDT fix

Thanks,
g\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back